Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $2,699.00
QuestionRight now I own a rebel t2i. I'm trying to decide on the 7d or the 5d. How does the 5d hold up to movement like running children? the 7d shows it was made for sports, not the 5d. But i like the 5d better bc i do more lifestyle photography. Thanks.
- Answer Coming from a T2i, either camera will be an amazing difference for you. The 5DIV shoots at 7fps while the 7DII shoots at 10fps, so on raw frames per second the 7DII wins.The AF system on the 5DIV is much newer and sophisticated, so on that point the 5DIV is the winner. 5DIV can also autofocus at f/8 with most focus points active, whereas I believe the 7DII can only focus using center focusing point - this might be a factor if you're shooting long distance sports with a teleconverter. The 5DIV has much better image quality, better sensor, much better video capabilities, and is obviously a newer camera, so for a good balance this is the best camera of those two you're looking at. However, if you are more interested in sports than anything else, you should look at buying a used Canon 1DX (Mark I) body. They are selling for around $3,000 and even less, so a little cheaper than buying the 5DIV and you get 12fps, pro rugged body, and stellar AF. So while you're not asking for it, here's my recommendation: Mostly sports - 1Dx Balance of sports/portraits/landscape - 5DIV Mostly portraits/landscape - 5DsR Budget mostly sports - 7DII Budget mostly portraits/landscapes - 6D Good luck!
QuestionThinking of upgrading my Nikon 300S in favor of the Mark 4, and wanting to make sure this is a good direction. Will probably be the last camera I will purchase and would appreciate some feedback.
- Answer I upgraded from a 5D Mark II and absolutely love the 5D Mark IV. A couple of weeks after my purchase there were some promotions on free items like a camera bag, extra battery, memory card, cleaning kit, went back to best buy and asked them for the free items and they gave me all these items free no questions asked. A week after this, the price of the camera went down by $200 and again went back to Best Buy asking them for a price match. They gave me the $200 and price matched it. Love Best Buy! As regarding the camera, the autofocus is pretty fast and when compared to my previous 5D mark II it is way better. The camera can focus on lenses stopped down to f/8. I use it with my 100-400L II combined with a 1.4X TC III and no problems at all in autofocus and pretty fast. Love it for my bird photography. I love the 2 slots for the memory card, one SD and the other CF. One can can be set to capture JPEG while the other set for RAW capture. Also the 7FPS is pretty fast for action. I use it for capturing birds and wildlife and love it. If you have not invested a whole lot on Nikon lenses and just have a 300S with a basic lens, I think it should be worth the upgrade.
QuestionOK, the add shows the battery that comes with it is a Battery pack (LP-E6N OTH). Is this an original Canon battery, or an aftermarket battery?
- Answer The camera body comes with a Canon battery. The "included free" battery is aftermarket.
QuestionI play a lot of outdoor sports and I am looking for a camera that can take clear pictures while running. Will this camera do the job???
- Answer The better camera for sports is the Canon 7D Mark II with ten frames per second. I own two 7D Mark II'S
QuestionI want to order Canon camera in stock at local best buy. In stock. I begin to order for pickup yet the site keeps saying you cant order more than 1 unit . I ONLY WANT 1 unit,
- Answer I went to the store and asked however it did not show in stock online nor did the have it where you could see it in the store went to the camera area and asked a Best Buy team member and sure enough, it was under lock and key, but they had it. Good luck with the best price match guarantee no matter what I showed them they would not honor a lower price on this. Paid full price because I did not want to wait it's a great camera and well worth the upgrade from the MK III.
- Answer You can mount any lens that is an EF mount. Lens with an EF-S or EF-M mount will not work with the full frame DSLR's.
- Answer Depends on what lens you current have, also your style of photography. I was a Sony person but switched to canon and never looked back but I have never used a mirror less camera so I could not tell you which is better. Best to do more research and look at the pros & Cons for both cameras
QuestionDoes it come with a charger?
- Answer Yes. All new Canon dSLRs come with wall charger, one battery, camera strap, computer cables, manuals, and software CD. I've owned multiple Canon dSLRs and that's been the case for all of them. I own this model now, the 5D Mark IV also purchased from Best Buy and it came with all that I listed.
- Answer Yes. Multiple exposures for HDR are built-in to Canon’s menu (see page 263 of the owner’s manual). Multiple exposures are also covered starting on page 268.
QuestionIs it rigid? I'm thinking to do some climbing and extreme photography and curious if this camera handles dust, drops, water and other things of that nature well.
- Answer Yes it is a solid camera. one of the reasons I went with canon is because I noticed a lot of professionals used them for shooting in the sort of conditions you mention they are not just plastic construction like a lot of other big name cameras
- Answer In playback mode, click the info button to the left of the viewfinder. Click once = general shot info / Click twice = more info including the histogram.
QuestionSome one who says he works at Best buy is saying Canon 5D mark IV is going at Mk772,000..is this true?x, his name is Ryan and am willing to pay from Malawi
- Answer No, It would be around MK 1,972,299 at current rates.
- Answer Yes, as long as it has the Canon EF mount!
QuestionI have a EOS 60 D cannon with EFS 18-135 lens andEFS 10- 18 mm lens will those lenses be compatible with 5 D mark lV . I need an upgrade because I need WiFi capable camera body . Advise please
- Answer No, those are crop lenses. You want EF lenses not EFS. Basically the cheaper Canon lens will have a white or white and red dot. White only is for crop cameras and red would be compatible with full frame. If you’re moving to a full frame camera be prepared to spend a considerable amount on new lenses. Of course with with a better camera and better glass you get much better quality.
QuestionI currently have a Canon Rebel T6i, will my lens that I have for it work with this camera body? The lens I have is EF-S 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Answer No, it won't. The 5D mk. IV is a full-frame camera, and the EF-S series of lenses is specifically for crop sensor cameras like the Rebel series.