Questions & Answers
QuestionIt says that it’s BPA free. What is the interior nonstick coating made of? I’m on the fence about purchasing this oven.
- Answer The interior is made of Stainless material and very easy to clean. First Air Fryer I have purchased and really like , more like LOVE it. Easy to use. I am single and now finding myself using the air fryer function and oven features more that my GE pro=bake gas oven. Hope this was helpful. Dan
QuestionWhat is its internal size?
- Answer The internal dimensions measure 12.5" wide x 13.0" deep x 7.25" high. It fits much more than i feared, though external dimensions might imply it's slightly larger internally than actual.
I would recommend:
- Answer The dimensions in area are 13" x 12.5", so unless the casserole is more than 7.25" high you _should_ be fine. This assumes the casserole bowl "outer" dimensions are 13x9, without large handle lips.
I would recommend:
- Answer No. But it's a really good appliance to have on youtlife.
QuestionI have never seen or used one of these. Can this be used exactly like a regular oven? What is the highest temp? Is there a warm setting? Must this be placed on a table or countertop for proper venting? Can it be inserted into an enclosed shelf?
- Answer Greeting! I love my Chefman air-fryer toaster oven. It sits on an open kitchen counter with about two inches between it and the back wall to allow for air flow. One of the features that I like is that it has an interior light. It makes really good toast, crisps up leftovers; cooks a great steak and chicken wings and veggies. I am going to try the "bake" feature shortly and do not anticipate problems. The under-tray is easy to clean. The air-fryer basket cleans easily after a brief soak. It has temps from "proof" to 450 degrees and has a convection as well as a regular oven feature. I don't know about the safety of inserting it into an enclosed shelf. You should contact Chefman with that question. My only complaint is that the dial settings are somewhat difficult to read as they are not prominent and in a light, thin print. But for the price and size (perfect for one, two or a small family) it is a good deal on many levels of both price and cooking abilities.
- Answer On the back. It's the best unit I have ever purchased. No problems. My wife agrees 100%
QuestionI received mine a week ago. Used 3 times and each time for 5-10 minutes. The outside of the oven becomes pretty hot including the glass door. It’s not burning hot but enough for you not to put hands on it. Is this normal? Thanks.
- Answer Hi, In an unscientific survey of uses, I'd say that the sides of the oven get warm, but not impossibly hot--I can touch them. The glass door, however, gets VERY HOT. Touching it for a second is more than enough to say "Wow, don't touch this." The sides seem pretty warm, but not like they will melt my counter or burn me. In my review I cautioned that use around kids should be highly supervised. Not sure if yours is hotter than normal or not, but definitely the glass is extremely hot.
QuestionWe just received our Chefman and used it several times today. We have only used the toast function so far. The fan is loud enough that we can hear it while sitting on the couch with the TV on. Is that normal? We are thinking of replacing it already...
- Answer My fan is extremely quiet for all the functions. You may want to contact the manufacturer about your product.