Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $159.99
QuestionWhat is the difference between this keyboard and CORSAIR - PLATINUM K95 Wired Gaming Mechanical Cherry MX Brown Switch Keyboard with RGB Backlighting - Black Model:CH-9127012-NA SKU:5713205? They both seem the same, but the other cost $20 less.
- Answer One has mx brown switches and one has mx speed switchs
- Answer The short answer is yes. However, I have found that if I tap a button, it does turn on. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere I have missed.
- Answer Wrist rest pad is very easy to put on & removal is the same.
QuestionDoes the Corsair K95 Platinum Cherry MX Speed RGB LED Backlit keyboard have a USB pass-thru cable? I cannot see it in the specifications or the included images.
- Answer The main cord splits into two usb plugs at the end. One for the keyboard and one for pass-thru. I picked mine up today and have my headphones plugged into the PT port. Works great. At this price it's hard to beat.
- Answer Hi Fizzbanne, Yes, this would work on Mac and you can download the Mac version of iCUE here: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue-mac -Brian
- Answer Hi, You cannot, none of our keyboards would be tested to work with PS4. If you have anything else we can help with, please reach out: support.corsair.com -Art
- Answer This particular keyboard would be a bad choice for him. It requires two USB ports to use and light up. It also works much better with a PC as it can use Corsair's iQue software for customization.
QuestionHow come this keyboard doesn't let you buy the 2 year Geek Squad Protection but the mx brown ones you can?
- Answer I was able to purchase the protection plan with this keyboard. I have the cherry speed switches.
QuestionI am looking for a keyboard that is similar to the keys on the old IBM Selectric typewriters. Any ideas?
- Answer Look for a keyboard with Cherry MX BLUE mechanical switches. They have a good tactile click. It's not nearly as nice as the Selectric, but nothing is. Several gaming keyboards are available with this switch, so it's not particularly hard to find. Source: https://www.cherrymx.de/en/mx-original/mx-blue.html . Good luck on your search!
QuestionIs this keyboard ever in stock?
- Answer Hello, Please contact Best Buy directly for any questions regarding stock. Please keep in mind that our K95 RGB Platinum XT is also the newer product in the series. If you have anything else we can help with, please reach out: support.corsair.com -Art
QuestionAny idea if this keyboard works with the HP Omen? Corsair's K70 has issues running with HP Omen computers and causes them to be stuck at the boot screen. No fix had ever been found for this compatibility issue. This issue has been confirmed with Corsair.
- Answer Hi, Where has this been confirmed? This is the first time I'm hearing of this "issue". Please reach out to our support team with more information so they can help: support.corsair.com -Art
QuestionDoes this keyboard have onboard memory or any way to keep a certain lighting effect without having to run specific software in the background?
- Answer Yes, through the Corsair iCue software. It has onboard memory for things such as RGB settings.
QuestionWhy does this one not offer the 2 year warranty like the other one with the brown keys? Thru bestbuy
- Answer Corsair website states 2 year warranty for K95 RGB plantium cherry mx speed.
QuestionHi I was wondering if this does the same thing that the other version of the k95 that you have that is listed for 200 dollars. and what is the difference from that one?
- Answer This is a simple cosmetic thing. The K95 is the same throughout all modles, the gunmetal one is more preferred within the gaming community. The black is still cool, and nice looking. Purely cosmetic. Same software, same keys, same everything except the cosmetic changes on the plate. I own the black one and it's amazing.