Questions & Answers
- QuestionCan a USB 3.1 port for high speed data transfer be added? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionI just purchased this computer and would like to expand the RAM. Could you tell me what make the Mother board is and also what brand of RAM is installed? Thank you (1 Answer)Answers
That will vary for every PC we ship as that will depend on what is available at the time of production otherwise our general specfication indicate that this model PC has an Intel X99 chipset based motherboard with four 8GB DDR4 3000MHz memory modules. You will need to check the actual hardware to determine the model for each or run software such as CPU-z. The motherboard can support up to 128GB DDR4 RAM. Please contact our technical support department if you need additional assistance at 1.888.937.5582 Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm PST.
- QuestionJust purchased this computer and awating delivery. Can I add 2 more 16MB RAM cards and also a DVD player/burner? (1 Answer)Answers
This model PC unfortunately cannot support a DVD drive internally as you will need to use an external USB optical drive with this model PC. The PC comes with 4 sticks of 8GB DDR4 memory modules. The motherboard itself has a total of 8 DIMM slots and is able to support a maximum of 128GB DDR4 memory. It is typically recommended that each slot has the same type of memory modules to avoid any incompatibility issues that may occur with mixing different memory modules. Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions at 1.800.707.0393.
- Questionsince this model does not have a thunderbolt 3 but was answered saying it could be added, what piece to add it and where to purchase it please (1 Answer)Answers
There are various manufacturers for Thunderbolt PCI-e cards available especially from motherboard manufacturers. It may be recommended to wait until you receive the PC so that you can determine the brand motherboard that is installed so that you can purchase one that is recommended by the motherboard manufacturer to ensure best compatibility. You can also search Thunderbolt PCI-e cards on sites such as Newegg.com or Amazon.com. Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions at 1.888.937.5582 Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm PST.
- Questiondoes it bring 2x16 PCIe slots? does it have 3 x1 PCIe slots? does it have 1 PCI slot? (1 Answer)
- Questionis this upgradable you guys never specified the motherboard or power supply i need to know if this has any special parts that wont allow me to mess with the case (1 Answer)Answers
This model PC uses a motherboard based on the Intel X99 chipset and an 1000 Watt 80 Plus Certified power supply. This PC does not use any proprietary hardware and all the components can be upgraded as the motherboard conforms to current PC standards and interfaces. Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions at 1.888.937.5582 Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm PST.
- QuestionAre the PC gpu's SLI configured out of the box? (1 Answer)Answers
- QuestionCan I add any more intel cores after I buy it? Can I add any more graphics cards after I buy it? Why so cheap for the hardware included in the PC? (1 Answer)Answers
This model PC is already configured with an Intel i7-6950X which is a 10-core processor which is the maximum cores available for Intel's consumer line of desktop processors. This PC is also already configured with dual GTX 1080 and are configured in SLi. Please note that Nvidia has no plans to provide any further support three or four way SLi configurations so running two video card's in SLi will be the maximum the software and drivers will allow support for. Please feel free to call us if you have any other questions at 1.888.937.5582 Monday through Friday from 7am to 7pm PST.
- QuestionWhich pc is better ? This pc or http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronpc-thallium-x99-desktop-intel-core-i7-64gb-memory-3tb-hard-drive-400gb-solid-state-drive-red/4442512.p?id=1219747521104&skuId=4442512 (1 Answer)
- QuestionHow many gtx 1080 are their in this pc? (1 Answer)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions