Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $365.99
The regular price is $429.99
- Answer Yes. It’s a Windows 10 operating system. You will have to “opt out” of the Microsoft Windows 10 “s” mode to install Chrome or other software that Microsoft may not like. The machine comes with Office 365 installed, but I installed MS Office Student over it to avoid the recurring yearly charge.
QuestionIs the RAM expandable? If so, what kind of RAM and how many RAM slots does it have? Also if it is expandable, how much 16gb, 32gb, etc? Thanks
- Answer You can put up to 16gb in this machine using both slots it has. It will run default at 2400mhz even if your system comes with 2666mhz. Hoping Dell comes out with a bios update to fix this as it does add some performance, but for 300 bucks.... It's pretty amazing. Hard drive is also expandable both m.2 and hdd so you can make it a very quick machine.
- Answer I just bought this laptop. Everyone's definition of heavy or lightweight. In my opinion, this laptop is compact and fairly lightweight. It is smaller and lighter than the laptop I am replacing.
QuestionWhere is the battery located at? I dont see like most laptops where you can just pull out the battery and replace it with a new one. Can I do it or do I need to take it in to have it replaced?
- Answer This one is internal, you would have to remove a few screws and then it is very easy to pop out the old battery and put in a new one if needed. That is the only way to get so thin and light. However, you really shouldn't need to replace the battery on a modern laptop, the batteries are much better than they were even a few years ago. Unless it is abused, the battery should last several years, if not longer depending on use.
- Answer Windows 10 is certainly capable of playing videos. But if you are asking if you can play a DVD or Blu Ray disc, the answer is no. This laptop does not have an optical drive. You can either add an external drive via USB, or rip your discs to a file and play them on the computer. This is not the place to detail how to do that, however.
- Answer I bought this laptop 2 days ago. As soon as I turned it on at home after unpackaging it, it quickly connected to my wireless internet connection. All I needed to do was enter the password for my internet connection. I have not tried to connect to a wireless printer as I don't have one.
- Answer Yes. My daughter loaded the game and played just fine on this laptop.
QuestionDoes power point work on this computer with windows? Had a chromebook that only worked online my professor couldn't open file and failed assignment. So trying to stay far away from those types of laptops working online.
- Answer HI, I just researched this last night and if you want Microsoft Office/powerpoint on your computer, you have to buy a non cloud version. There is a Youtube video from microsoft on how to use the cloud version then save the file onto your computer that you might want to check out. I hope that this helps. Bob
- Answer It has 3 USB ports.
QuestionDo you charge the computer? Do you have to keep replacing batteries? Are they standard batteries, and is the mouse built in the computer? Do I need to buy a mouse?
- Answer Hi, yes, I charge the computer when the battery runs down (usually at the end of the day) but my daughter is on it continuously for around 3-4 hours per day doing her school work. It has a mouse on the keyboard plus it's a touchscreen, you don't need an extra mouse.
- Answer Yes, Photoshop is compatible with this product.
Questioncan u connect a wireless mouse to this ipad and also can you connect another screen for sharing items?
- Answer Hello! This laptop has USB ports, so you will be able to connect a wireless mouse through one of those ports.
- Answer Yes, this laptop has the ability to connect to 5G.