QuestionAny Device?Does this adapter work with any device (tablet, PC, etc.) that has a mini-HDMI port, not just Apple Mac products?
- Answer Not sure if it works on all devices, but it is not exclusive to apple products. I use mine on my Microsoft surface and it works great!
Questionwill this cable suit surface 2??
- Answer Yup! If you end up buying it remember to make sure the screen icon on the cable faces up toward you. its easy to plug in the cable in the wrong direction. Once you plug it in, you can output your display by pressing windows key + P .
QuestionDoes this ACTUALLY work with a macbook Pro 2012 or newer model? I had to return another brand I bought from somewhere else because it did not work.
- Answer Yes, the display port adapter does work with a Macbook Pro 2012 or newer model.
QuestionCan i use the usb part in my tv n than put my fire stick in the hdmi part??? Will it work. Im asking because my hdmi part broke on the tv. Thank u
- Answer No, this will not work with USB -- one end is a mini displayport that is commonly found in Apple computers.
QuestionDoes this adapter work with a mid-2012 MacBook Pro to connect to an external monitor with HDMI inputs/cable?
- Answer Yes, this adapter will work with a mid-2012 MacBook Pro to connect to an external monitor with HDMI inputs/cable
- Answer This adapter does not work for phones.
QuestionCan I use this to connect my iMac (mid-2015) using the mini display port in the iMac and connecting an HDMI (female) -USB-C (female) cable (which I already have) to my MacBook Pro 2018. Trying to use iMAC as 2nd display (not mirrored) to MacBook Pro. :(
- Answer Mini display ports on MacBooks and iMac are meant as a one direction output. So you won’t be able to use it as an extended monitor or clamshell mode. If you ever plan to watch your laptop on a TV monitor, you can always buy it to have for future and try it out on your iMac. But I doubt it would give you screen mirror/extended monitor since it’s not sending and receiving signals thru mini display port. It’s only sending.
QuestionCan u tell me will this work with amazon fire stick i got 2 and 3 tvs want to switch it around but it hard to get it in the tv..
- Answer This adapter’s purpose is to convert the connector on a computer – miniDisplayPort – to HDMI for use with a monitor or HDTV. The Amazon Fire TV Stick has an HDMI port already, so there is no point in adapting it to anything else; it was designed for plugging directly into a TV and doesn’t need any adapter to do so.