Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $499.99
QuestionIs that ok to use tap water for dyson humidifier? I see white dust and compound calcium in air.
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. While tap water is okay to use, it can cause what you have described to happen if there is a heavy concentration of minerals in the water. In these cases, we recommend using purified or distilled water in the machine. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer Hello there, This is Dan with Dyson. All Dyson machines manufactured for the US are only designed to be used with 110-120 volt wall outlets. Using any sort of power converter is not advised and can damage the machine. Best wishes, Dan
QuestionMy past humidifiers always leave a film on my furniture and windows. Does the Dyson leave this residue? Would distilled water remedy this problem?
- Answer There is an option to use distilled water (instead of tap). I purchased 60 gallon jugs of distilled water when it was on sale and have used it exclusively in the Dyson humidifier. I have absolutely NO dust/film residue. I am very happy with using distilled water. Yes, it costs about $1 a day during this heavy use winter season, but to me, it is well worth not having the white residue on furniture and NOT BREATHING the minerals in regular tap water (especially when my water comes from a well).
- Answer Hi Louis, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Humidifier. Dyson machines are made for the country in which they were purchased in. Therefore, machines purchased in the US will operate on 110-120v. Our machines are not multi-voltage and using a power converter is not recommended. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
- Answer At low humidity, the circulating air will feel cooler, but it can't lower the air temperature. This will not make your heater work harder.
QuestionBought this humidifier a year or two ago and it’s amazing! I love it! I was wondering if I could put essential oils in?
- Answer Hello Queen, this is Kelly with Dyson. We do not recommend the use of essential oils in your Dyson AM10 Humidifier. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionHello Dyson, I recently purchased the product. I am hearing constant loud noise from the base. How can I get this resolved?
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. We're sorry to hear that you've experienced a loud noise from the base of your Dyson Humidifier. This is certainly unusual to hear. So that we may best assist you, please reach out to us directly at askdysonUS@dyson.com and we will be happy to help. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionI buy distilled water but I still get the white film on my furniture and my house looks hazy. what can be done?
- Answer Hello mommamia, This is Miella from Dyson. Our experts are always keen to assist with peculiar issues such as these. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your serial number, and we can provide further assistance. Hope this helps! Miella Dyson Customer Support
QuestionHi I bought it from US to Korea and wonder if it can be used in 220V without transformer. Is it 110V only or free volt so can be used in 220V??? Can you advise me??
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson humidifier. Dyson machines are built for use in the country in which they were purchased in. They are not multi-voltage and a power converter is not recommended. This machine is 110-120v. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service
QuestionWe have a Dyson fan in our bedroom and love it, even the noise it creates (low and soothing). Does the humidifier create any noise? I have a friend who wants a recommendation for a quiet humidifier.
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Humidifier. The Dyson humidifier fan does produce the same type of noise as the Dyson fan which is created when the air flow is leaving the loop amplifier. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Service