Questions & Answers
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson TP04 Pure Cool Link. How often the filter needs to be replaced does depend on how often it is used. Typically if you use it 12 hours or less per day, it will need to be changed every year. The machine will provide you with notification when the filter needs to be changed. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
QuestionI’ve seen a lot of purifying reviews, but not much on the air conditioning/cooling ability. We desperately need a portable air conditioner in our home and I thought a purifier to boot, how perfect? Is this an air conditioner? If so how much sq ft?
- Answer Hello there, this is Kelly with Dyson. Air conditioning units and the Dyson Air Multiplier™ fan are two very different products that work in very different ways. An air conditioner refrigerates the air it supplies, allowing the air in the room to be made cooler than the ambient temperature outside. The Dyson Air Multiplier™ fan cools a person by moving air over and around them. The temperature on our TP04 Pure Cool cannot be changed, but it will feature air speeds from 1-10. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hello Lyn, this is Kelly with Dyson. The Dyson TP04 features a fully-sealed filter system, which combines an activated Carbon filter to remove gases, and a glass HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of microscopic allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson Pure Cool purifier. The Dyson purifier is able to capture particles as small as 0.3 microns. This includes mold and spores. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
QuestionWould this cool down a basement of about 500 sq. ft.? I do not have an option to vent an A/C and am looking for substitutes.
- Answer This is just a fan with filtration. It moves air pretty good but it won’t cool the air.
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. The LCD display on your TP04 will show you the air quality in your home, recent air quality history, PM 2.5 levels, and current PM 10 levels. You'll also see nitrogen dioxide levels as well as VOC's within your room. It will also let you know the indoor air temperature as well. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionHow often do I need to change the filter on my Dyson - TP04 Pure Cool Tower 400 Sq. Ft. Air Purifier - White/Silver?
- Answer Hello Charles, this is Kelly with Dyson. The filters for all of our air purifiers will have 4382 hours of life. If you run your machine 12 hours a day, the filter will last you about a year. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionHello Krystal, what does the code mean F dast dash dash mean, last top one blinking, other two below steady on almost we thought F 3. ??? Replace filter?
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. If you have the Dyson TP04 Pure Cool tower, you would see a different notification on the display when your filter needs to be changed out. On the TP02 model the F with 3 lines would indicate the filter does need changing. Please feel free to reach out to us directly for support at askdysonUS@dyson.com. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionI got the pure cool tower from a few years back, using the 2nd gen green filter; how is this 2nd gen model better than what I have now?
- Answer Hi Kesler, this is Krystal with Dyson. The Dyson TP04 uses an improved filter which has three times more carbon and 60% more HEPA filtration. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
QuestionHI there, If I were to purchase a Dyson TP 04 air purifier in the US, can I use it in other countries that use 220V power?
- Answer It works on the 220. The exact same ones are sold here and they have the stickers that say 110-220. I ordered US version and plugged it in. Same with my Dyson Handheld. Same thing with my LG TV the rep says that U.S. has to pay extra for the voltage for the LG Tv and it only says 110 but it is 220 also. Same with this Dyson.
QuestionCan I have a candle burning in the same room as the purifier as long as it's not directly near it?
- Answer Hi there, this is Krystal with Dyson. Thank you for your interest in the Dyson TP04 air purifier. The purifier may detect scented candles and the smoke and attempt to purify the air to clean it if any smoke or scents. Best Wishes, Krystal Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. The Dyson TP04 Pure Cool™ purifier fan removes a range of contaminants from the air. It purifies to remove 99.97% of allergens and pollutants as small as 0.3 microns from the home. It also removes pollen, pet dander and odors such as cigarette smoke and cooking smells. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hello Alex, this is Kelly with Dyson. While you can use a humidifier in the same room as a Dyson purifier, any water impurities can affect your air quality readings, which in turn can affect machine performance. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
- Answer Hello Fire2020, This is Miella from Dyson. The TP04 can work in any sized room. The time it takes to purify the space depends on environmental factors such as layout, ventilation, etc. If you're looking to have purification in all rooms simultaneously, we highly recommend purchasing more than one machine. Hope this helps! Miella Dyson Customer Support
- Answer 800 square feet
QuestionHey Kelly from Dyson! Just to clarify an answer you gave regarding the app, but I need to be able to set a schedule so this thing turns on/off on its own. The app will allow me to create schedules? I have a Germguardian, but I always forget to turn it on.
- Answer Hi there, this is Kelly with Dyson. Yes, on the TP04 - within the Dyson Link app you can set up a run-time schedule. To set up a schedule on your machine, once the machine is connected to the App, press the timer icon in the bottom right, and from there you can select a time based on how long you want the machine to run before turning it off. You can have different schedules for different days of the week, as well. Best wishes, Kelly Dyson Customer Support
QuestionMy husband smokes a cigar in the garage and the smoke travels into the basement on the next level. Would I place the purifier in the garage or in the basement for it to work most efficiently?
- Answer Hi Mrsjet, This is Miella from Dyson. The Dyson TP04 should be placed in a ventilated room, so we do not recommend placing it in places like a garage and sunroom. Hope this helps! Miella Dyson Customer Support