Questions & Answers
QuestionIt appears to me the charge 2 is very bulky and thick. I have a jawbone up 2 and it looks more like a bracelet. How does the charge 2 compare to the up 2 in appearence. I am thinking of switching because I would like a screen.
- Answer Not bulky at all and the screen is large enough to view data. I use reading glasses and when I'm out exercising I don't need the glasses to see data.
- Answer It is water resistant, not proof. Basically hand washing and rain is ok, but no swimming. https://www.fitbit.com/compare?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=20160101_F_US_A_DR_FT_00_2016DTASSEM_NA&gclid=Cj0KEQjw6am-BRCTk4WZhLfd4-oBEiQA3ydA3kIDF_50s1B_YUpRPP2_AxhVLeypRAfviwGlRNAbd7caAqxl8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COOim6j9884CFVePaQodSZsD6A That's a link to the full feature list from Fitbit
QuestionWhat is the charge life? How long will it hold a charge before you need to plug it in ? My Fitbit now goes a week almost before I have to charge it
- Answer Mine goes 5-7 days with a charge. When I charge I just do it one night while I'm sleeping.
QuestionIs the Charge 2 band better than the Charge HR band? My husband has had two bands fall apart on his Charge HR.
- Answer Yes. I had a Charge HR fall apart on me, too. I bought a HR2 and the strap is much better. It's split into two halves and they both hook into the watch body with metal connectors. It seems to be of a much higher build quality. I'm loving it so far.
- Answer It does not come with a leather strap, but they are available for purchase. They are pricey but there are some that I purchased online that are made by another brand that fit great are very reasonable.
QuestionI have iPhone and leaving the Bluetooth on will drain battery, will this tracker store data and sync it later when the Bluetooth is turned on or will it give you live readings and not save them for later.
- Answer You can leave the Bluetooth off and as soon as it's turned on your info will sync. Make sure to join challenges! It's the best motivation :)
- Answer No latex in the wrist band. I bought the optional leather band
QuestionWith the Fitbit Charge 2 can the heart rate display be set to say on (during my 30 minute tread mill exercise for example) or does it automatically turn off after a few seconds?
- Answer You can choose what you want to show on the main screen. EX. time date, steps, heartrate (bpm). This can be done in the settings under display. * the more you add the smaller it is when trying to read it. It also allows you to give it the look of digital clock or familiar 12 hr look with hands.
- Answer At most retail locations they have a wrist display to help you decide which size is best for you. Here are their suggestions: WRIST SIZES Small - 5.5"–6.5" / 14.0 cm–16.5 cm Large - 6.5"–7.7" / 16.5 cm–19.6 cm X Large - 7.7"–8.9" / 19.6 cm–22.6 cm The Fitbit site has a page dedicated to this question.
QuestionCan I recharge using a standard wall outlet (with USB to outlet adapter) or only through my USB port on my computer?
- Answer All I use is a wall charger. Have yet to connect to my computer. I have also purchased a 2nd charger cord so I have one at home and one for the car when I travel.
- Answer The large would fit a med bone person
- Answer It tracks how many hours you move at least 250 steps. During the hour it shows x/250 to show how many steps you have already taken in the hour toward the 250 step goal.
QuestionWhat is the warranty?
- Answer This product has a one-year warranty from the day you turn it on. Since you sync with a mobile device or computer to the Fitbit website, they are aware automatically when you sign up the first time. All you have to do in contact them in less than a year if it quits working or breaks and they will look you up by name and send a new one within a few days. I did not have to send back the broken older device either. Great service and very fast. I was impressed.
QuestionIs the Fitbit suppose to track steps when your just moving your arm? I was sitting not walking doing my hair and makeup and it was racking up the steps so every time I moved my arm it basically saying I was walking and I'm not ..... this is not accurate
- Answer Strap it to your ankle, it will work just the same. but then, if you're sitting in a chair dangling your feet...
QuestionLooking at the profile picture of this Charge 2, seems the HR monitor protrudes even more so that the original Charge HR. My question is does this dig into anyone's wrist more so than the original?
- Answer I don't notice it on my wrist at all ..band doesn't have to be tight to work properly