Questions & Answers
- Answer It comes with a charging cable and two black wristbands (small and large).
QuestionUsing Fitbit with pcCan I connect the Fitbit to a pc or does it only work with wireless devices?
- Answer Yes, you can sync with your computer. It comes with a usb adapter that conects without wires
- Answer It comes with a USB or other charging cord.
- Answer My wife and I both have Fitbits (I have Flex and she has the Charge) both work when we are on our elliptical. The fitbit tracks the movement of whatever arm you wear it on. My wife wore her's the market and got 0 steps during her 30 minute trip because she was pushing a cart and her arm basically never moved.
QuestionWill Best Buy replace if the Fitbit Flex stops tracking stepd and sleep?I purchased by Fitbit Flex on 8/8/14 at Best Buy in Tyler, TX. During the night Sunday it stopped tracking my sleep. I subsequently realized it also was no longer tracking steps. I reset it according to the Fitbit website instructions, but to no avail. Can I return it the Best Buy store for a replacement?
- Answer The Fitbit Flex comes with a 1 year warranty. I did not purchase any additional protection because it was not offered at the time of purchase. I took it back withal the paperwork, including an email response from Fitbit. They did replace it but I had to ask to speak with a manager in order to get that accomplished.
- Answer I found this information for you, "Tracking your sleep is another useful feature as long as you can remember to put the Flex into sleep tracking mode when you go to bed. You do this by rapidly tapping the Flex. You’ll need to remember to toggle back into activity tracking mode when you wake up too".
QuestionDoes the flex sync with an Apple I-pad?I do not have an iphone but do have an Apple Ipad. Will the Fitbit sync with my ipad?
- Answer The Fitbit Flex will sync with the iPad 3, iPad 4, and the iPad mini.
- Answer My wife just wears it to bed and then can review how many sleep interruptions occur throughout the night. These interruptions indicate a disrupted sleep pattern.
QuestionOn an average ....how much data does it use?My husband and I share 2GB's per month and usually only use 50%. Would I have to increase my plan?
- Answer only syncs local, doesnt send info. out so no data usage i believe. If you are running it with other apps, then sync it nightly at home on wifi and you should be alright.
Questionwhy does the mileage and calorie count on the treadmill and eliptical at the gym differ so much from the fitbit? The calories are almost 3x higher on
- Answer This reflects the way the Fitbit records steps. It combines an accelerometer sensor with GPS movement information. In other words, you must be traveling for it to accurately recognize steps. This is how the Fitbit differentiates between actual walking versus other arm movements. Since you aren’t actually going anywhere on the exercise machine, the Fitbit cannot accurately figure out what you're doing.
- Answer No. You can sign it up using your laptop or PC. There is a device that comes with it that allows you to sync the fitbit with your laptop or PC as well. Once you create an account it would be just like logging into any website. The use of a smartphone just makes viewing your stats more convenient.
QuestionDoes it track biking? Could it be worn on the ankle (maybe under a sock to keep from losing it?)
- Answer Yes, you can wear it during biking. Because it even track while driving. you maybe able to wear on your ankle if it very small. Otherwise, you can only wear it on your wrist.
QuestionFitbit Flex - Tracking what you eatIs this Fitbit Flex good for people with diabetes to track what they eat and their sugar intake?
- Answer I actually use an app called My Fitness Pal. here you upload everything you eat or going to eat if you want to check the amounts BEFORE you eat them, to keep track of sugars, carbs, cholesterol, basically anything. My mom is diabetic and would occasionally stop for Culver's custard. She would get 2 scoops with strawberries. Her and my grandma. She has to watch her carbs, so after looking it up on my app, she realized that those 2 scoops had 77 carbs in it. NOT so great for her!! I would recommend getting that app if at all possible. I will tell you everything you need to know about any restaurant's food items. If you're buying from a store, it has a scanning option. you just scan the bar code and it gives you alls the info at a glance.
- Answer I've found that 2 hours is plenty of time for a full charge and an hour will charge it well enough to get you through the day and then some. I've heard a lot of people say they charge it during their showers (since it is NOT water proof anyway) and continue to charge it while they get ready after the shower. As for knowing when to charge it, on the app it will tell you what your battery level is. Otherwise it will only notify you it needs to be charged when it's almost dead.
QuestionWhat is the deal with the wrist snap?I am just setting up my Flex. I have been fooling with the little two-prong snap for 30 minutes. I can barely get it to snap using two hands when it is off my wrist. Am I doing something wrong? Can the rubber holes be cut too small or something? If I can't solve this problem it is going to be a deal breaker.
- Answer When you first get it, the holes are pretty tight and hard to work with, but after a week or two, it gets much easier to work with. I'd rather it be snug in the beginning since it loosens up over time. Otherwise it would end up falling off during vigorous activity.