QuestionIs the Nest Audio Smart Speaker fully compatible with the Google Home Max? Can they be linked and used as a multi room group?
- Answer Yes. You can create an audio group for all Google Home/Nest speakers and displays and Chromecast devices for synchronous music throughout your home. Take a look at the following link for more information: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7174267
- Answer Yes. Nest Audio comes with a 30W power adapter with an auto-volt input voltage of 100V - 240V and output voltage of 24V. However, the plug differs for some regions and you may need to use an adapter.
QuestionI have Spotify and want to know if I can just say, play an album name in my list or play daily mix 3 or do I need to get it started on my phone? Also, can the volume be adjusted via my phone or only by voice command.
- Answer You can play it through Spotify using vocal commands as long as you set up your Spotify account through the Google Home app to link it to the speaker. You can also adjust the volume via phone as you would normally.
- Answer Yes. You can connect Nest Audio via Bluetooth to your laptop to use it as a speaker. You can check this link for more info: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7381505
- Answer Absolutely! Your Nest Audio can announce when someone's at your door. Here's some helpful links you can check for more details: - Use a doorbell with your Google Nest or Google Home device: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7672451 - How to get Nest Hello visitor announcements on a Google Assistant-enabled speaker or display: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9230121
- Answer Definitely! You can listen to your favorite internet radio stations such as iHeartRadio, TuneIn, Radio.com, etc. using Nest Mini. Just say ¨Hey Google! Play <radio station name>¨ command on your Nest Mini. You can learn more about other commands you can use to listen to radio stations with Nest Mini here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071793
- Answer Absolutely! You can control the volume of Nest Audio via touch controls.You can tap the right side of the Nest Audio to increase and tap on the left side to decrease the volume. Find out more information here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7072489
- Answer It needs a power source.
- Answer Yes, you can. You may set up Nest Audio as a group speaker with your TV if it's having a Chromecast device or a built-in Chromecast. You may also have the option to pair Nest Audio via Bluetooth, if your TV supports Bluetooth connectivity.
QuestionWhat are the main differences between this and the nest mini? Do I need a nest audio in order to use the broadcast option?
- Answer Hi James, there is no difference in the smarts between the Nest Mini and the Nest Audio. They can do the same things, including broadcast. The only difference is the size and sound quality. If you are looking for great sound, get the Nest Audio. If you are looking for decent quality sound in every room, get the Nest Mini. Also, note that the Nest Mini frequently goes on sale for $30. Hope this helps!
I would recommend:
QuestionCan we stream different things to different speakers at the same time? If my SO wants to stream Sirius XM upstairs and I want to stream a podcast downstairs can it be done? Whenever we try, the new stream request overrides the other speaker.
- Answer Yes. Make sure to be specific on which speaker or display you want to stream or play content. (For example, "Hey Google, play podcast on living room speaker.") If you have multiple devices and you did not give specific command to which speaker to stream, it will play content to the last speaker you gave command to. For further assistance, feel free to contact us here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/gethelp
Questiondoes this device make voices clearer, I find female voices more incomprehensible, and as the day passes, it takes more volume on the tv to even get male voices clear
- Answer You can change the sound of Google Assistant’s voice. You can choose from male or female voice too. Check this link for more info: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7550431
QuestionWe have a Polk mini and I’ve got 2 google speakers and I’m trying to play on both sets of speakers Google- Bluetooth Polk mini-wired Can this be done? P.S I have a Vizeo t.v
- Answer Yes. You can pair Nest Audio Speakers to multiple Bluetooth enabled speakers or headphones, like Polk Mini, using Bluetooth connection. However, it will only connect to the most recently connected device which will either be your Polk Mini or Vizio TV.
- Answer Yes. Nest Audio Speaker is a premium smart speaker with Google Assistant that provides whole home audio in a compact system. Learn more about Google Nest devices here: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7029281
QuestionCan this play an audio book via Bluetooth from the Audible app on my phone? My wifi is spotty at times.
- Answer You can connect directly to them with Bluetooth
- Answer Yes, you can. On the back of the Nest Audio, next to the power cord, you can toggle the mic switch on or off. Your Assistant will say whether the microphone is muted. Please note that Google Assistant will not respond to your voice commands if the microphone is on mute.
- Answer Yes! You can link your Google Nest speaker to your TV. Here’s the link for the step by step instructions: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7552173
- Answer Yes, you can. But I would recommend using a cheap Google mini to the pairing device.
- Answer I purchased YouTube music and play this on Google speakers. There are song list for meditation and calming nature sounds like rain, ocean waves, fire with crickets, and even white noise