Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes it require the NEST base? also, it says it has a "4k" sensor, but it streams in 1080p. what does the 4k sensor do?
- Answer The 4K sensor allows for digital zoom without loosing 1080p resolution.
- Answer It could be. What's more important is your upload speed and how many cameras you have that eat up your upload bandwidth.
QuestionIf I were to mount the camera to a ceiling using the base, this would make the camera inverted. Is there a way to flip the video stream back over so that it would display correctly?
- Answer Yes, simply place your fingers around the camera (as if the front of the lens were a screw top) and twist the lens around clockwise until the picture has the aspect you want.
QuestionHow long does the battery last for before a charge is needed? Does it run 24/7 or only when motion and noise is detected?
- Answer The Nest Camera is not battery operated (or at least mine wasn't) it is plugged into an electrical outlet and actually has quite a long cord. You have many options for recording it whether you want it to record 24/7, schedule certain hours or days, only when you are away from home, when motion/noise is detected, etc. They were alot of them to choose from. It also had the option to auto zoom when it does sense movement so you could get a closer look at the movement.
QuestionWould this camera be suitable to place on an indoor window sill and face outdoors to surveillance my driveway and front steps? I really don’t want one mounted outside; weather, vandalism, etc.
- Answer They actually have an Outdoor cam (https://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-nest-cam-iq-outdoor-security-camera-white/6080400.p?skuId=6080400) that is waterproof and I'm almost positive that they will replace it if you send in the video clip of it being damaged or stolen. Furthermore if you are worried about damage to it you can get the best buy replacement plan that is spectacular. However, this camera should work fine although if rain is on the window or fog or any other sort of inhibitor it could prevent it from working properly quite easily.
QuestionDoes this give you the temperature, humidity and air quality level too? I have a Canary and want to switch to something else due to their lack of technical support
- Answer It gives the temperature and the type of weather ie. rain, cloudy and so on.
QuestionCan you turn the audio on/off on the Nest IQ Indoor White? I live in Connecticut and am using the cameras in my office. It is illegal to record sound in a business.
- Answer their is a option to turn off the audio streaming for the cameras. this is what is says in the option (Turning off the microphone disables audio streaming and audio recording.)
QuestionIs there a wall bracket for this camera? I purchased today and need to hang them on the wall. I dont see any bracket with it
- Answer There are many inexpensive choices available. Found an inexpensive set of two on Amazon that use the 3M adhesive strips so the bracket can be moved without any wall damage. Picture an L-shaped item with about a 4x4 inch surface each side.
QuestionIf you have 2 Nest IQ cameras, can you simultaneously stream both cameras? I would like to monitor both my kids at the same time while they sleep.
- Answer Yes, you can stream both cameras at the same time.
QuestionWill this work with my 5G router? Also what is the difference between this and the NC1102ES model?
- Answer Yes. Nest Cam IQ Indoor works on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi bandwidth. NC1102ES is the Nest Cam Indoor. We suggest checking this link to see differences and complete technical specifications of Nest Cam IQ Indoor and Nest Cam Indoor for comparison: https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9259110
QuestionI'm a professor and I need a mobile camera for online courses. Can i use this model? Is it compatible with a dell computer? Please, Le me know. Thank. Arturo
- Answer This is not the camera you are looking for. This is for home security.
QuestionI am planning to buy this camera, to check on my father at home. We are 6 family members. Can we all download the app and use it?
- Answer Sure ! Multiple viewers are possible! Why we got this system so internet audience can watch us do our thing , wink wink
QuestionFrom the Google Nest app, can I turn off the camera video/audio (without having to unplug it)? This would come in handy if camera is mounted high up and I temporarily (minutes/hours) don't want to record video / audio.
- Answer Absolutely! You can turn on and off your Nest Cam IQ Indoor using the Nest app alone. To turn it on/off: -Tap Settings in the top right corner of the Nest app home screen. -Scroll down and select the camera you want to control. -Tap Camera On/Off to reveal the switch. -Tap the switch to turn your camera off or on.
QuestionCan it be in the same room as another Google Assistant device like wifi point or Google Home? Or will both assistants respond to wake phrases?
- Answer If you have multiple Google Assistant capable devices and they both hear you, both will still light up and listen to your query. Only one Google Home device will respond, usually the one that you’re nearest to will respond.
QuestionIf I buy the 2 pack cameras and want to use them in 2 separate apartments, will each of them work? Or. Does the camera come with a DVR or some sort of base unit?
- Answer Yes, each Nest Cam IQ Indoor can independently work and does not need a storage base. Nest cameras utilize cloud-based storage via your Wi-Fi. You need the free Nest app on your phone/tablet to set up, manage, and monitor Nest cameras.