Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes I use one all the time for cycling. I have a 6500 mAh USB battery pack and can run the Session for about 10 hours off of it at 1080p and 60fps...
- Answer Hero 5 black if you have the money. Hero 5 session if you still want a great product but want to save $100
- Answer According to Best Buy's own comparison chart, and GoPro's website, MiltonMan12 is incorrect. His differences are true for the Hero 5 and Hero Session, but not for the Hero 5 Session, which is what the question was about. Supposedly, according to Best Buy and GoPro, the Hero 5 and Hero 5 Session both have image stabilization and the video quality is the same.
- Answer Yes it does. It is on one of the corners over the lens. It picks up great audio.
- Answer 128GB in capacity for all session cameras. If using "4K" setting, you will need a card with a "U3" rating.
- Answer I have used GoPro 5 sessions. I think this is a good one to mount on motorcycle. Is small and easy to mount. I like to use my phone to control it too. We use for business use. We custom Ducati, and test ride them. Daway
- Answer if shooting video or photos underwater you will want a underwater filter otherwise your colors won't look right. Those filters are usually pink or magenta in color. Are you going to hold the camera or mount it to a strap? There is a handle that attaches to the gopro that floats should you drop it. My snorkel mask has a gopro mount on it.
- Answer I'd go with a session. if you want good video and not a huge mount on your head then it is great. you can view what you recorded through the phone app. the benefit of the larger gopro has ended with this little guy. you will get the same quality. and less weight. the Hero 5 is really good for things that don't require a lot of mobility. i always found my Hero4 getting int he way, and i haven't had any issues with my session as of yet.
QuestionDoes the Hero5 Session come with a mount that swivels right and left? Can't tell from the photos. It does look like it can move up and down. Thanks
- Answer Hi Jack. The HERO5 Session comes with mounts that will allow you to tilt up and down and lock the camera in place using the screw. Because our mounts are adhesive, so if you decide to stick them to an item, they don't rotate. For more flexibility, take a look at some of our other mounts, like the Jaws mount or the tripod mount.
QuestionUsing the Hero5 Session, Is it possible to monitor the video you are shooting using a laptop or notebook computer via the wifi, bluetooth or the USB cable? If so can you see what the lens is seeing on your screen even before you start recording? Thanks
- Answer Your best option is going to be to connect your Session to the GoPro app using your smartphone or tablet. That will give you a live display of what your camera is shooting. The HERO5 Session does not have an HDMI out port, and it won't transfer live footage out to a laptop using a wireless or a wired connection.
QuestionWill this camera record while plugged into a power source? I'm looking to record 3 hour school lectures twice a week for 6 months. I understand the battery life is only about 2 hours, but that won't matter if I can have it sitting on a desk plugged in.
- Answer Yes, the camera will record while plugged into an outlet or power source.
QuestionWhich product would you recommend for snorkeling and shallow scuba diving, taking into account that the phone app will probably not be used and voice command. ?? Not sure if it will be strapped to head or in hand but would like to be able to see image.
- Answer I used mine for several dive trips in Hawaii. Originally I used a one piece mask/snorkel with the camera mount on top and found that snorkeling the camera was not fully submerged. I have an actual dive mask with a mount that worked awesome! I also used it on a float handle and it worked flawlessly. One caution...I don't know if you are free diving to depths deeper than 30 feet although its only waterproof to that depth! Anything deeper than that you need a waterproof case.
- Answer Dave, there are 24 hours in a day. The battery only lasts 2hrs max. ( at least at 1080P 60fps. ) it takes 45 mins to charge. So, you can record 18 hrs/ day which means you can record 2000 hrs in 112 days. Memory wise, you will need 56 32GB memory cards plus whatever it takes you to edit the video.
QuestionThinking abut purchasing a camera to set up in the gym and catch a few half court basketball games would this be a good buy?
- Answer Yes, this camera captures great action video.
- Answer It could be a great option for you. The HERO5 Session can shoot in resolutions up to 4K, so the resolution is going to be great. Also, the HERO5 Session is compatible with our Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter, so you can connect an external microphone to the camera.
QuestionI'll be mountain biking in very warm weather. I'm aware that a GoPro can record while plugged in. But can it record for up to 3 hours at once (on external power)? Also, how big of a micro sd card will I need if I need to store 3 hours of 4K video on it?
- Answer With external power, the HERO5 Session can record indefinitely. Note though that when the power supply is plugged in, the camera will not be waterproof, so you'll want to make sure the camera is mounted somewhere where it can remain dry. 4K will use memory faster than other resolutions, so you'll want to experiment with cards before you take it out on a ride. For 3 hours, you're most likely going to need to swap cards or find a 128GB or larger card that will work with the GoPro.