Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $519.99
QuestionDo you have to use the hose/vent this if using in a large open space? I plan to use in a large shop with overhead door open.
- Answer Air conditioners create more heat than cold. If you don't vent the heat out of the space, the space will have a net gain of heat. (Plus, why the heck would you use an air conditioner in a space with an open door?)
- Answer Hi Troy, The window venting panels are adjustable, and they extend in length from 26.6 to 49.6 inches maximum. Thanks!
QuestionI work from home and I'm on several conference phone calls during the day, how quiet is this air conditioner unit?
- Answer Hi, The maximum decibel level of this unit 54 dB. Thanks!
QuestionI bought this unit today for air and dehumidifing bedroom and was told I could use it with my central air as a stand alone unit
- Answer Hi, Yes you can use this unit as a supplement to your central air if a room in your home doesn't get as cool as you'd like or you can use it as a stand alone unit. Feel free to give us a call at 1-800-474-2147 between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm EST Monday through Friday or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thanks!
- Answer We do not recommend extending the hose as it would void the unit's warranty and it may cause the unit to fail. We recommend raising the unit on to something sturdy.
QuestionWill this plug into a regular standard outlet? It states it has a standard 3-prong plug (with a built-in ground-fault safety shut-off) for a 120-volt outlet. I'm not sure what that means :)
- Answer Hi, Thanks for your question. This Portable Air Conditioner runs on a standard 3-prong 110-120 V outlet.
QuestionHow adjustable is the venting kit? Does it have a minimum size width to a maximum size height that it adjusts too?
- Answer Yes, the minimum window opening needed for this venting kit is 26.6 inches and the maximum length is 49.6 inches. Thanks!
- Answer Hi, This portable air conditioner requires that the 4 foot long vent hose be hooked up properly to a double-hung window or sliding window/door. If you have questions about the installation feel free to consult page 3 of the owner's guide at https://www.honeywellstore.com/store/images/pdf/hl-series-portable-air-conditioner-manual.pdf. Thanks!
- Answer The exhaust hose if 4 feet long and five inches in diameter.
QuestionDoes the Hose Adapter have a 5-Inch opening? Want to see if works with a Honeywell Portable AC Sliding Glass Door Kit A-4239-300-P.
- Answer Yes, this unit fits the sliding glass door kit!
- Answer This unit needs to be plugged in to a regular electrical 3 prong wall outlet. Please feel free to get in touch with us at 1-800-474-2147 between 8:30 and 5:30 PM EST (Monday through Friday) or send us an email at email@example.com. Our customer support team will be able to assist you with the unit set up. Thank You !
- Answer While using the unit in dehumidifier mode, continuous drainage is recommended. You will need to connect a drain tube to the drain plug at the back of the unit. All drainage instructions are given in the product manual included with the unit. You could refer to the same here http://honeywellaircomfort.com/product-manuals/USA/PAC/HL-Model.pdf Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and assistance. Thank You !