QuestionI am buying ink for the first time for my home office HP printer. High Yield cartridge 815 pages will last me at least a year. Will it last that long or dry out first? Wondering if I should get the regular cartridge, even if it seems more costly.Thanks.
- Answer I've been repeatedly told to print out a page occasionally... once a week or so... keeps all going much better.
- Answer It should but, if you have the printer model number you can look up the ink carts that will fit. I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6978 and the 902XL High-Yield fits perfectly. HP has a page that will help you search for all the ink carts that fit your printer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01766411
Questionmy HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer it names M C Y K for cartridges 902XL I don't find them to make order, please help
- Answer I have the same HP printer model 6978., and 902 is the correct size. M=magenta which is pink, C=cyan which is blue Y=yellow and K=black. I don't know why they make it so confusing. You can purchase each color boxed individually - or you can purchase one box which has one of each color. The Black comes either as a standard size, or the XL which is one cartridge with twice as much ink.
QuestionDoes the HP-902XL High Yield Ink Cartridge fit/work in the HP Office Jet Pro 6968 Printer? The standard 902 black ink cartridge lasts too short a time. A larger ink supply is highly preferable.
- Answer Use the HP-902XL High Yield Ink Cartridge in my HP Office Jet Pro 6978 Printer all the time so since you use the same basic cartridge its worth a try. Any doubts check with your nearest Best Buy store.
QuestionDoes the HP-902XL ink cartridge have a combined printhead on the bottom of the cartridge or does the Office Jet 6968 have it's own printheads separate from the ink cartridge?
- Answer Via process of elimination looked at HP Printers that have separate print heads available, could not find one for Office Jet 6968 On instructions on cleaning print heads found one reference to removing all color cartridges and black cartridge and laying them on something where they can stand straight up. Then lifting something to get to the print head. However that sounds extreme as a print head cleaning process is built into the printer, and instructions are readily available. You can repeat the process as desired. It is important to use new cartridges as opposed to refilled ones. Would you use used oil in your car?
- Answer Hello. Thanks for your question. No, the HP PageWide Pro 477dw printer uses the HP 972A or 972X ink cartridge series.
QuestionI have a small home printer, HP ENVY 4520, does this cartridge work for my printer. if not, please advise options that go with my printer. Thank you
- Answer Thanks for your question. The HP Envy 4520 uses HP 63 or HP 63XL ink cartridges. The 902 series will not work with it.
- Answer No sorry !! God bless !! ( it uses number 63 )
- Answer Cartridge number 910XL is what you need ! God bless !!
QuestionIs the 902xl compatible either the 6960 up office jet 6962 all in one printer? I need black and cmy cartridges.
- Answer Yes , compatible on both ! God bless !!
- Answer yes! I recycle mine at best buy
QuestionWhat ink cartridges do I need to purchase if I am purchasing a HP Office Jet Pro 6978 wireless all in one instant ink ready printer? Do I need to purchase only one ? I want to be able to print my documents in black and color.
- Answer They will either mail you ink monthly ( costly ) or you can buy your cartridges which are number 902 !! God bless !
- Answer No , sorry ! God bless !!
QuestionI have an HP printer that I have had for maybe 1 year, if that old that uses the 902 cartridges. Why is it that you dont carry all the cartridges in the store or online, and if I can find it on bestbuy.com, its not available for shipping, nor in store.
- Answer You can also check HP Support Site ! You should build a profile on there if you have not already to get updates etc. ! You can always find your ink there ! I bought my last 4 pack of 902 there and received it the next day ! Still hard to believe I got it so quick ! It was cheap also ! God bless !!
QuestionIf all I am printing is in black do I need to replace the color cartridges when they are low
- Answer Little known fact, every time you print in black, the printer uses cyan (blue) ink as well. So even if you put just black, it still wastes your color ink