Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $779.99
- Answer I read on the website that there are 2 slots and on another website that it's upgradable to 32gb maximum. There are 2x4gb sticks install already.
QuestionAnyone else having issues with wifi disconnect? Disconnects every session within first 5 minutes. Unusable as is.
- Answer Go to the HP.com Website, Support, put in your serial/model number and install the latest BIOS. Download the file manually and then just run it and it'll install a new BIOS that includes a fix for wireless disconnects.
QuestionThis laptop looks great. If I wanted to buy this and permanently remove Alexa, could that be accomplished? I'll pass on having Amazon listen to all my work conversations.
- Answer Yes, you can purchase this laptop and permanently remove Alexa if you wish.
QuestionI am looking around to purchase a laptop for college, how would you say this laptop is for a college student? Is 256gb enough to last about 4 years? Also, does it have an 8gb or more ram?
- Answer This laptop is a great choice for a college student. It has ample processing power, 8 GB of RAM and the storage is ample for a college career. Congratulations and best of luck through your college career!
- Answer Yes it does.
- Answer Please disregard the other answer given here - it is incorrect. This coming from a 23 year IT veteran who just recommended this model laptop to a family member. The AMD Ryzen 5 3500U CPU with Vega 8 graphics supports 3 simultaneous monitors in total: The built in display, an external monitor via the hdmi port, and an additional external display through a usb type c 3.1 to display port adapter or cable. According to the HP specification sheet, this model includes HDMI and a usb c 3.1 port that supports the display port 1.4 protocol. You will need the appropriate adapter from usb c to display port. I have included the lowest cost option available at bestbuy.com below, however these can be purchased from elsewhere as well. From : https://press.ext.hp.com/content/dam/hpi/press/press-kits/2019/hp-reinvent-2019/datasheets/HP-ENVY-x360-Convertible-15m-ds0011dx-Datasheet-AMD.pdf External notebook ports: •1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (5 Gb/s signaling rate, Power Delivery 3.0, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)(42)(50) •1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (HP Sleep and Charge) •1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A (Data Transfer Only) •1 AC smart pin •1 HDMI •1 Headphone/microphone combo The displayport 1.4 specification will support 4k @ 120hz displays and 8K @ 60Hz, whereas the HDMI probably will support 4K @ 60Hz based on the AMD specifications for the Vega 8 on the 3500u
I would recommend:
QuestionCan I add memory? Is Fortnite playable? I don't need it in ultra beast mode, but playable. Thanks!
- Answer You can upgrade memory up to 32 GB. Fortnite will be playable on this laptop, but the lack of dedicated graphics means that it will not be at the highest settings.
QuestionCan ram be added to this model? Are there two slots available for ram change out or is some of the ram permanently installed to the board? Some of the spec sheets online say the ram is not user accessible.
- Answer I was able to upgrade, both RAM slots were swappable (not soldered) and side by side (not overlapping like the older 2500u model) under a silver heat shield with gold colored thermal tape. Mine came with 2x 4gb Samsung modules and had no problem taking 2x8gb Corsair's Vengeance 2400mhz. Total time was about 15 minutes to change.
QuestionIs the ryzen chip a 3rd gen ryzen 7 chip or a 4th gen ryzen 5 chip. Both of them are listed in the specifications so it is not clear which one It is.
- Answer The Hp Rep didn't provide the correct information here! This model of Envy X360 Is the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Model. Which is considered the fourth generation for their mobile processor release for 2020. Standout Specs: This processor is a 6 core, not a quad-core unit! An excellent and affordable choice for productivity use, like video editing, music production, and mid-level gaming! Plus it has an internal design that fully supports both ram and storage upgrades. Internally there are two independent ram slots! It's a matter of removing two rubber adhesive base strips. removing the necessary screws and you're in! My advice would be to plan on doing both upgrades at once to avoid having to remove the base strips more than once! I chose Hp for not soldering the ram (Like Lenovo did!)
- Answer Both of these upgrades are possible, but require significant disassembly.
- Answer I've been asking around and no-one from Best Buy seems to know if its even coming soon or if its already sold out which and because they don't know which they have it as coming soon. doing a little more research HP website has this model starting to ship on June 4th.
QuestionDoes this computer have Microsoft word, Power point, and excel included? If not can you have it installed?
- Answer It does not, you will have to buy the office subscription.
- Answer No, you can't change the colors of the backlit keyboard. It is only white.
QuestionThe page says it is a third generation CPU, but the description says it is a fourth generation CPU. This should be a fourth generation CPU, correct?
- Answer Yes this is the 4th generation. Thanks for pointing out this error. I will report it to Best Buy.
- Answer No, it will not void the warranty. Just be careful with the parts on the motherboard.
QuestionDoes this model have a DVD/CD port? Does it come with Windows 10 non-ss mode? Is the camera and audio good?
- Answer No it does not have a DVD drive. You can use an external USB DVD drive with this model. This model comes with Windows 10 Home 64 bit pre-installed. Yes this has an HP Wide Vision HD Camera with camera shutter and integrated dual array digital microphone
QuestionDoes this laptop support Bluetooth connectivity? I would want to connect wireless beats headphones to them.
- Answer Yes it sure does. Bluetooth 5 and WiFi 6 built into this laptop