Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $49.99
QuestionI bought this fan and there is a fuse in the plug portion of the cord. The fuse is similar to those found in a christmas light strand. Will it operate without the fuse? Who sells the fuses and where can I get another fuse if it goes bad.
- Answer I have the same fan, although I did not get it at Best Buy. If the fuse blows, I would not recommend cutting off the plug and replacing it with a non-fused one. While the fan would work, it could cause a potential fire hazard if the fan motor becomes overheated or jammed. This type of fuse is found in the plugs of many small appliances these days. While they can be tricky to find in your local hardware or auto store, when mine blew, I was able to find replacements in less than 5min of searching online. The specifications for this fan are 125V 5A fuse, The size is 3.6x10mm. (0.14 x 0.39in) Since many small appliances are now using this type plug, I bought a box of 10 so I'm prepared for future blow-outs. Good Luck!
- Answer YES THE WHOLE BODY IS METAL. I WOULD GO WITH THE GUNMETAL THOUGH.. IT'S A DENSER METAL AND BLOWS A BIT HARDER THAN THE SILVER FAN.
- Answer Yes, you can pull or push a knob to make it oscillate even while it’s running. The fan makes an almost complete half circle sweep. I highly recommend it!
- Answer no assembly required.
- Answer use a butter knife to open access panel and possibly a pair of needle-nose pliers to pull the fuse obviously it not being plugged in. Safety First
QuestionI am in need of a new fan and this one caught my eye. I used plastic fans but i am wondering since this fan is metal does it have a longer life span and a plastic counter part?
- Answer I'd say this is the best fan I've ever bought. I've been running it almost full time for about a year - summer and winter. As a matter of fact, I bought 5 of them because I new they would sell out or be discontinued in my area.
- Answer It does a fantastic job blocking out sound on level 3.
- Answer Mine was free shipping to the Best Buy store nearest me
QuestionLove the style of fan. My question is, does the cage come off so the dust can be cleaned off the blades? Thank you.
- Answer Yes, you just need a screw driver to open it, to clean them.
- Answer shiny
- Answer Just the round fan part