Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.99
QuestionNON stick liner? Or Stainless? Confused. The description on this Nova says the liner is non-stick. I do not want anything Teflon or close. Does this come with the ceramic one? I thought Instant Pots all came with the stainless steel inner pot. Help?
- Answer Yes, the inner pot is stainless steel.
- Answer The 6 Duo Plus 9 in 1 boast 15: it is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, slow cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan, food warmer, stock pot, plus with additional programs it’s also cake maker (6 and 8-Quart only), egg cooker and sterilizer. It’s everything you need to get nutritious dinners on the table quicker. The Duo Nova is 7 appliances in 1: pressure cooker, sauté pan, steamer, slow cooker, rice cooker, food warmer, and yogurt maker. Clear the clutter from your counter and do it all with just one tool.
- Answer No, this does not contain an air fryer, but there is a lid that you can buy that can air fry your food or you can buy the model that has the air fryer (see photos). Enjoy!
I would recommend:
QuestionHi All, Re the Duo Nova - 1. How long is the included power cord? 12 inches, 18, or hopefully longer? 2. If I use an extension cord will it negatively impact the quality of the cooking? Any of you using an extension cord? Thank you.
- Answer The cord is 34" long (perhaps a little longer--it is difficult to stretch out totally straight) from end to end, not including prongs. Never use extension cords with heat-generating appliances unless it is the big orange ones made for workshops.
- Answer Yes it is it’s a great buy for perfectly great food .
Questionwhat Accessories come with the instant pot duo nova 6 quart 7 in 1, one touch multi color silver
- Answer mine came with a metal trivet. I recommend getting a rubber one with longer handles, as it's easier to pull out the food and not burn yourself, but the metal one works fine if you're careful.
QuestionIs the 6qt big enough to make a big batch of chili and soups? I make big batch in my slow cooker. Not sure if I should get 6qt or 8qt. Thanks
- Answer If you want really big batches, I’d go with the 8qt. Mine is the six qt, and it is fine for 6-8 servings. But if you cook 10+ servings, better go with the big one.
QuestionCan this be used to fry food?
- Answer It depends on the type of frying you want to do. The pot includes a Saute function, which works just like a hot pan on a stove. You can use it to fry bacon, for example, or sear meats. If you're interested in air frying, you'll need a separate lid for that. We do sell a stand-alone air fryer lid which is fully compatible with this pot.
- Answer I believe the difference is the duo nova has a better sealing mechanism and from what I read is safer. Spend the extra money and go with the duo nova
- Answer this is a pressure cooker but it also has one touch buttons for some specific items to make it easier to use. You can set the pressure cooking time and level to whatever you want manually (by hitting the plus or minus buttons, or the pressure button multiple times to cycle through the heat settings) or for many items, like rice for instance, you can just press the rice button and it will go for the determined time for regular rice cooking. For many things like different grains we just press the pressure cook button and just adjust the amount of time using the plus or minus button, and then it turns on itself after a few seconds and cooks and when done it releases the pressure (which you can let it do slowly or you can manually do a quick release) then just keeps it warm.
- Answer Yes it does. Or you can set or adjust the time and pressure manually also.
- Answer I have not seen it, but Walmart carries most if not all of Instant Pot accessories. If you have internet service, Everything is available on Amazon. Considering the popularity of this product, Best Buy is missing out on huge sales by limiting what accessories it carries. Hint, hint Best Buy? Just ask Walmart.
- Answer No it doesn’t
QuestionWhat is the inside diameter of the stainless steel pot in the 6 quart pot? I have the 3 quart and want to see how much larger the 6 quart pot is.
- Answer The 6-quart pot diameter It's 9 and 3/8
QuestionCan't find anything that identifies the sealing ring and anti-block shield or the installation on the underside of the lid. Is the red ring the sealing ring and the white one the anti-block shield? Does the sealing ring go over the anti-block shield?
- Answer Hi there, both red and white rings are sealing rings, only 1 sealing ring is to be used at a time. The Anti-Block Shield is a small plastic piece on the underside of the lid that covers the Steam Release Pipe, it helps prevent food from clogging the Steam Release Pipe. You can find more information in the user manual which can be found on our website. You can also reach out to your Customer Support Team, we'd be happy to assist with any other questions you might have! Our team may be reached by live chat (https://support.instantpot.com/), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or by phone (1-800-828-7280). We look forward to hearing from you!