Questions & Answers
- Answer I don’t know if i can answer this totally but many functions appear on the screen in the Bluetooth mode including navigation. When plugged in their is a different looking screen and more information on the music that I stream from pandora and slacker. I have only had it a couple weeks and haven’t given it a real road test.
- Answer Depends on the price of the parts, I.e. dash mount kit and antenna wire. I think best buy is having a promo where its free installation with some radios but parts are not free.
- Answer Yep it most definitely work. Just make sure you get the right dash mount kit so it sits in there nice and snug so no one can rip it out. By the way ive have this radio for a while now and it works like a charm. One word of advice, I dont know what phone you have but make sure you either get apple car play or android auto, dont download the JVC app it conflicts with the phone app and you will go crazy thinking its broken but it is just confused. Also, you can hook it up direct to Bluetooth without an app but it doesnt look as nice. I would also recommend professional installation as there are hundreds of wires, I used to install simple decks myself but this one I wouldn't touch. Hope this helps bud.
- Answer I was very pleased with Best Buy installation. Looks like OEM in the car. Great system, and yes, your back up camera will work. I'm sure Best Buy will do a great job of making everything work.
QuestionIf my car has a back up camera can this receiver use that function? 2014 Toyota Corolla s plus currently with the premium entune which is no longer working.
- Answer Yes, with a rear camera wire harness made for your toyotanit will work
QuestionDoes this unit have hd radio? Has anyone used the rearview camera option? Wondering if someone could send a screen shot of the display in reverse.
- Answer Sorry. it does not have HD Radio
QuestionI recently purchased a 2014 Nissan Murano S and would like to install this along with a backup camera and remote start. I do not have a lot of knowledge when it comes to electronics. I would like to know if I would need to order additional parts.
- Answer You will have to buy a back up camera and a radio harness to put your new radio in. It is car specific and can be costly, my car had a wierd dash configuration so I paid 225$ for the harness for the radio.
Questioncan the jvc v840bt be set to fn87.7 to play my gps nav for voice controll.. currenty my gps is set to transmitt to 87.7 fm..
- Answer It will play the navigation directly to the car radio, not a radio station, but if you have music on it will talk over it, but that can be shut off
QuestionDoes this HU come with a remote? I added "comes w/ remote" for search options and this unit showed up, however the listing doesn't state it anywhere.
- Answer It does not comes with a conventional remote. It is sold separately. RM-RK52. It is compatible with a smartphone application, JVC REMOTE
QuestionDo you guys do installations? If so can you install it on a 2012 cadillac cts sedan (base model)?
- Answer It looks like you might need a car kit of sorts for this,I would also verify on crutchfield. As far as installation i'd give them a call directly usually the geek squad works on installs.