Questions & Answers
- Questionwhat's the operating system on this cpu? It doesn't say (4 Answers)
- QuestionCan this computer be upgraded to 16 GB of RAM? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionCan this pc be hooked up to any monitor. I have a monitor that is in good shape about 8 years old (5 Answers)
- QuestionSo I need HD storage size clarified...the advert at one point says 2TB installed, but another place in the ad says 500 gig...which one is it? If it's 500 gig, then maybe post an ad correction on the website. (1 Answer)
- QuestionIs this really only a processor speed of 1.6GHz or a typo? (4 Answers)Answers
It's not a typo - it's a 1.6 GHz processor. Intel Pentium J3710 @ 1.60GHz. This Lenovo -- the 300S-11IBR Desktop -- as configured with this processor and 4 GB RAM is really the bottom of the line. With only 4 GB Ram, Windows 10 uses 2.1 GB at idle. Using File Manager or surfing the web, you are at 90% to 100 % of your RAM usage. But look at the specs as you continue to shop for this model. Lenovo may have different configurations - and perhaps different pricing.
- QuestionCan it play movies like blue Ray and dvd and Can it play videogames on disc (2 Answers)Answers
This system does have a CD/DVD reader-writer. This system does not have commercial DVD player software pre-loaded. You need to purchase player software to play commercial movie DVDs. This system can not play Blu-Ray disks at all. As for video games, we recommend you contact the publisher of the game for the minimum/recommended requirements to play their game, then compare those requirements to this system's configuration.
- Questionhow many USB ports? (4 Answers)
- QuestionCan this computer support a game with the following requirements: RAM Memory: 2048 MB, Graphics Card: 512 MD of Video Memory, ATI Radeon HD 2600/NVIDIA GEForce 8600 or Higher, DVD-ROM: 2x Drive? (2 Answers)Answers
I would not think so. Look for something with a better processor and at least 8 GB RAM. In this system, it appears that Windows 10 Home uses about 2.1 GB RAM at idle. Available RAM after that is about 1.9 GB. If your game requires a minimum of 2 GB (2048 MB), not to mention the other specs, you will need a better equipped PC than this one.
- QuestionThis seems significantly slower than the 10 year old computer Im replacing. Is that actually possible? Old one was Intel duo processor 2.13 ghz 2gb ram and 80gb hard drive. Every program I open just seems sluggish on the new one (4 Answers)
- QuestionLenovo 300s How do I open the DVD player? (3 Answers)Answers
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions