Questions & Answers
QuestionCan I make this purchase online and pick it up at a store?Can I make this purchase online and pick it up at a store?
- Answer When this product becomes available, you should be able to order on BestBuy.com for in-store pickup without issues.
Questiondoes it include a power cord?does it include a power cord? what power cord should i buy? standard lg power cable?
- Answer Yes, a power cord is included. Also the stand bracket, the stand itself, remote, 2 AAA batteries, a bag of screws, and manuals are included with the set.
- Answer This model LG TV does not have the ability to wirelessly connect to sound equipment, such as soundbars. A Digital Optical cable will be necessary as this model TV has no other audio output ports, unless you are routing the audio directly from the source (cable/satellite receiver, game system, etc.) to or through audio equipment (soundbar, surround sound receiver).
I would recommend:
QuestionDoes this TV come with a swivel stand/base or is it fixed?According to LG, this model is supposed to have a swivel base, but the one that came with mine is fixed. Did anyone receive a swivel base with theirs and is there a way to get a replacement base that does swivel? Part number?
- Answer It's fixed
- Answer You'll need a: Sound Bar Blu ray player HDMI cables High Definition service provider Blu-ray Discs If you have all of these you'll have the best experience watching HD television
QuestionOptimal viewing settingsCan someone offer the settings they feel provides the best picture? One of the reviews has their settings and referenced a site but those settings are for a different model of LG. If anyone knows of anyway to adjust the true motion settings that would be helpful too, I'm still seeing some motion blur even with the 120hz internal software.
- Answer Picture settings are actually as individual as each model, what you are watching and the TV's environment (room lighting, natural lighting, etc.). The best option to address this is BestBuy's Geek Squad's TV Calibration service. One of their Geeks will come to your home and spend approximately 90 minutes with your TV connected to a sensor on their laptop computer to finely tune the TV's settings for your situation. Short of that, I have seen DVDs available on the web that purport to do the same thing, but have never seen a good review of one.
I would recommend:
- Answer it offers 120HZ when available
QuestionCan this TV support PAL/AUTO1) What is input Voltage range (AC 110-240V)? 2) Does this TV support PAL system ( widely used out side US, e.g. Europe & Asia)?
- Answer The owner's manual says power requirements is 100-240V AC @ 50/60Hz but, it says the tuner is ATSC, NTSC-M, and 64 & 256 QAM. So, I would say the answer would be no, unless you ran it with an external PAL tuner or NTSC PAL/SECAM decoder the former basically meaning the TV is a big monitor. You should be covered power wise since it will handle the 220/240V and 50Hz which I do believe is European standards.
Questionabout voltageCan I use it in 220 voltage? (I want to use it in Korea and we usually use 220 voltage.)
- Answer NO you will blow the transformer
QuestionExactly when does this TV go on sale ONLINE for $499?Is it Wednesday night at midnight? or the morning of the 28th? thank you, Lynn
- Answer we got ours at 7pm on 28th when we got into the best buy store, and happily returned it on 29th!!!!!!!
- Answer No, the television needs a digital antenna!
QuestionWhy can't DE or NJ order these online?I've tried to order this several times. I try a DE shipping address & it says they can't deliver to this area & then I try a NJ address and the same thing. The availability says it ships to "most" places. Exactly where is everybody that is actually able to order these - the west coast?
- Answer It is sold out online.. That is the reason
QuestionWhat areas is this available in? It says delivery in most areas but not working for any NJ or NC addresses.I tried to order this at the $499 price while it is still in stock, but keep getting a message that it is not available in my area. The item says that it is available for delivery in "most areas" but what areas is that referring to? I have tried our address in NC, as well as family in other areas of NC, NJ, and PA with the same discouraging message.
- Answer this tv will ship anywhere but DE, NJ, NC, PA, MO, and LA.