Questions & Answers
QuestionUnderstanding that the cost of this television is a fraction of the cost of the OLED 77, what is the picture quality comparison - specifically for sports? How about the processer compared to the OLED?
- Answer You are asking a question that most cannot answer because what percentage of the population would own a 77-inch OLED and a 75-inch Nano? Likely zero. That being said, I own this tv for now (it's being returned because of its poor black levels) and can tell you that the video processor is top notch. Watching my DVRd Super Bowl between New Orleans and Indy was spectacular. Comparing to my Panasonic VT60 plasma, it was a huge upgrade because of brightness. Motion lag is non-existent and I saw zero dirty screen effect even watching hockey (which overwhelmed my previous 2019 Vizio G1 to the point I needed to return it, too). OLED is compared much more to plasma than LED/LCD in terms of picture quality so if an OLED has better peak brightness than a plasma (whose claim to fame was always deep, dark blacks and NOT brightness) then I'd say it should be very good for sports. My guess is just like plasma, OLED is not produced for sports but for the home theater experience in a dark setting. So peak brightness will not match this Nano television. But caveat emptor. If you plan on watching UHD blu-rays in a home theater type setting on this television then I cannot warn you strongly enough to avoid at all costs as blooming and light bleed are hideous. PIck your poison.
- Answer The SM9070PUA series supports Dolby Atmos via the TV speakers (it was certified by Dolby) and also pass through. You can turn ON/OFF the Dolby feature from the menu settings, when turned on it provides a virtual Dolby Atmos experience with multi-dimensional sound. ^CP
QuestionI am checking all the TVs out that would have the best soap opera effect. I realize most do not like that effect, but I do. Anyone know if it can be achieved with this LG.
- Answer The “Soap Opera Effect” is consumer lingo for a visual effect caused by motion interpolation, a process that high definition televisions use to display content at a higher refresh rate than the original source. The goal of motion interpolation is to give the viewer a more life-like picture. TV manufacture's have their own names for motion interpolation and on LG TVs, it is called TruMotion. The LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA, like all our other LED LCD TVs has a setting for TruMotion that can be turned On/Off from within the settings menu in the TV...^IFV
QuestionTV have 2.1 HDMI ports & e-Arc? I'm looking to set it up with a Sony HTST-5000 and Sony Blueray Model:UBPX700. My current setup I experience very low volume at max settings on my old blue-ray player. I'm trying to fix this.
- Answer Yes, the 75SM9070PUA has HDMI 2.1 ports and eARC via HDMI2. ^CP
QuestionI would like to get a new sound barber this TV but I insist on having one that is 100% compatible. Meaning I want the TV remote to turn on the sound bar and turn it off. I would like ARC or EARC. Which sound bar under 1000 or under $750 is best?
- Answer The LG SL8YG SOUNDBAR WORKS GREAT ON MY LG 75 NANO 9 TV. I WAITED FOR IT MONTHS TO GO ON SALE! GOT IT $478.00 PICK THE ONE U LIKE SOONER OR LATER. THE PRICE WILL DROP!
- Answer The LG 75SM9070PUA has a 10-bit dithering.
QuestionWith a WISA dongle and wireless (rear) speakers, will the TV still output Dolby Atmos? The idea would be for a bedroom without a separate sound system; thus using the (better than most) internal speakers of the 9070 combined with wireless rears?
- Answer WiSA speakers have built-in support for 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X. A WiSA enabled Home Theater connected to the LG Nano 9 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA lets you place your speakers anywhere you like as long as they have access to a wall outlet...^IFV
- Answer The LG LG Nano 9 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA does feature HDMI 2.1 ports. If you look at the specifications on the company site for this TV, it lists HDMI 2 as an eARC port. eARC is an HDMI 2.1 specification. ^CP
- Answer No you do not. It already has the App
- Answer We purchase a guaranty for 2 years. We love the Television this sound, the colors are amazing. I highly recommend it.
- Answer Originally introduced to select Best Buy stores in 2004, Magnolia Home Theater is a unique store-within-a-store concept dedicated to meeting and exceeding the highest expectations of even the most discriminating home theater enthusiast. Best Buy purchased Magnolia Hi-Fi Inc. on Dec. 18, 2000 and they originally planned to keep the Magnolia retail stores as an independent high-end luxury brand. They carry only high-end TVs like the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA and our OLED lineup. Not all Best Buy stores have a Magnolia store. Magnolia stores are only in select Best Buy stores...^IFV
QuestionI’m hard of hearing. Does the LG Series 9 Nano’s Bluetooth function and the speakers or sound bar work at the same time? That would enable my wife to listen to the TV and I could use my Bluetooth earphones.
- Answer Hi Chuck. The built-in speakers and audio outputs for the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA are disabled when streaming audio to Bluetooth headphones or speakers...^IFV
- Answer LG's Limited Manufacturer's Warranty for the LG NanoCell 90 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA will repair or replaced the TV ("unit") at LG's option, if it proves to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use, during the warranty period ("Warranty Period") of One(1)Year for Labor and Parts, effective from the date ("Date of Purchase") of original consumer purchase of the unit.This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the unit and effective only when used in the United States, excluding U.S.Territories. It does not apply to •damage caused in shipping or transit, service required as a result of improper installation, including incorrect or insufficient AC supply (please consult the owner’s manual for power supply requirements), installation or repair of antenna systems, cable converters, cable company supplied equipment, or other components in a video system, set -up or adjustment on consumer controls, or damage caused by improper adjustments, damage caused by other system components, any unit that has been modified or incorporated into any other unit, replacement of batteries on the remote control, damage (including cosmetic damage), failure, loss or personal injury due to misuse, abuse, negligence, improper maintenance or storage, or to acts of nature or other causes beyond our control. (Causes beyond our control include but are not limited to lightning strike, power surges, power outages and water damage), image burn-in, repair or replacement of warranted parts by other than LG Authorized Service Centers, units purchased or serviced outside of the U.S. A., units where the original factory serial numbers have been removed, defaced or changed in any way, units sold and labeled as "as is" "Where is" or similar disclaimers...^IFV
QuestionThis LG 75 NANO 9 SERIES SAID IT GOT A HEADPHONE JACK. DOES NOT! AT LEAST I CAN'T FIND IT. HAD TO BUY BLUETOOTH HEADPHONE.
- Answer The LG Nano 9 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA doe not have a headphone jack (3.5mm port). To use headphones with it, you will need a pair of Bluetooth Headphones that you can pair with the TV as you did...^IFV
QuestionWhat type of wifi ac or n and does it have 5g? Also what type of processor dual...quad...octo...etc
- Answer The wireless module in the LG Nano 9 Series 4K 75 inch Class Smart UHD NanoCell TV w/ AI ThinQ® (74.5'' Diag), Model # 75SM9070PUA is an IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac. It's frequency range is 2400 to 2483.5 MHz, 5150 to 5725 MHz, and 5725 to 5850 MHz.The TV uses LG's α7 Gen 2 Intelligent Processor...^IFV