Questions & Answers
QuestionWhy I can’t pre-order yet?
- Answer I have been checking for the past almost 55min refreshing the page and it still says “Coming Soon” - did they open the pre-orders up earlier than the agreed upon time 45 min ago?? If so, and they already sold out, that is very frustrating for the people trying to follow the agreed upon release date and times...
QuestionWhat is Best Buy doing to prevent bots buying up entire stocks for resellers to enjoy scalped rates? As an individual consumer I need reassurance that where I choose to pre-order doesn't cater to connivery.
- Answer Nothing bots will eat up every website the Xbox released on.....
QuestionDid the preorder light even turn on for ANYONE? I mashed refresh from 10:30 to 11:40 and nothing. Meanwhile a kid on twitter said his bot got 62 systems from Best Buy. I think this was sold out within seconds. Bunch of crap!
- Answer I did, had it in my cart was paying kept getting system issues then was pulled from my cart and was unable to pre order.
QuestionWhen I pre-order the Xbox Series X, is my card going to be charged at the time of the pre-order or when the console ships?
- Answer According to Best Buy policy, when you place your pre-order they'’ll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days, the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup, we’ll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup we’ll then collect payment. Please note that pre-orders placed using PayPal are processed differently, and are charged immediately upon placing your pre-order.
QuestionBest Buy should offer their Elite Members the option to buy hot items before others. Why not reward customer loyalty first? Sadly the bots will make my attempt to buy futile as they did with the PS5. Thoughts Best Buy?
- Answer I agree, Elite members should have first priority with their membership.
QuestionWhen do pre-orders start for the system and do I have to pay in full for pre-order and can you deliver the system on the day of release to the house? With tracking and signed delivery from UPS or FedEx?
- Answer Not sure about the tracking, but the card will be pre authorized but not charged until the day the console ships.
QuestionWhat is the difference between the white console for $299 and the black one for $499?I would want to purchase the right one I imagine my son would enjoy most
- Answer Get your son the black one cause its faster, more powerful , has more storage, and has 4k if you have a television for him that supports 4k gaming.
- Answer They’re not doing anything they don’t care who or what buys them as long as they make money
- Answer How much do you value your time ? Check every 15 minutes from now until tomorrow. I have had one in my cart on 3 different days,had all the shipping and billing stored in my rewards account, only to play games with the checkout process over and over. Maybe you will get lucky!
- Answer According to Best Buy: "We do our best with every pre-order to ensure it’s delivered as close to release as possible by shipping it out at a level of service needed for it to get to you on release day. Depending on a number of factors, such as your proximity to one of our stores or distribution centers, pre-orders often ship out for different people at different times."
- Answer No the restock is on Jan.2
- Answer No they are completely un organized
QuestionI read that there would only be a pre authorization for the pre order. I was charged the entire amount. Just confirming this is correct?
- Answer According to Best Buy: "When you place your pre-order we’ll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days, the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup, we’ll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup we’ll then collect payment."
QuestionWhy didn't you release pre-orders on time? Why did your website allow me to put it in my cart after it was FINALLY available, then crash when trying to pick the store? Why did it then tell me it was unavailable?
- Answer The system was messed up all day, I tried from 11am till 10:15pm. 7 times I got one and was checking out when the message oops sorry, something went wrong. Hundreds of times it said added to cart and it was not. Remember circuit city? Nope. No one will remember best buy either. Disgraceful way to do business.
QuestionI successfully placed an order of xbox x. When I pick it up, they said I can't buy multiple consoles with one account. Is it approved by Best Buy or they just made it up?
- Answer You got one. Be happy. The demand is big. I think it’s a great idea only one per account. Do you really need multiples? Many people trying to get this for someone for Xmas.
QuestionWill the in the box controller have a USB-C slot so that you can use the rechargeable battery?
- Answer Yes, the Xbox wireless controller that comes with Xbox Series X has a USB-C port.
QuestionIn an effort to reduce BOTs stealing everything. Why not sell the console as a pre-order and backfill orders as the stock is replenished? Limit 1 per customer and if BOTs get stuck with 100+ consoles, oh well. No refunds, only returns for a new one.
- Answer Mike, To answer this question fairly it simply comes down to the fact that Best Buy and Microsoft DO NOT CARE.... What they want is all the money they can make by emptying their inventories as soon as they receive them regardless of who is buying and how many they are buying....