Questions & Answers
QuestionHow is this considered 7.1.4 when there are only 2 speakers facing the ceiling for Atmos effect? Wouldnt this be 7.1.2? And realistically more like 5.1.2 since there are 2 rears and the main bar just has center left and right channels?
- Answer All soundbars use both direct and reflective sound waves to develop a dome of sound around the viewing area. Sound waves bounce offf objects such as walls to better fill an area between the speakers with immersive sound. NOTE: from the illustration of this product the highlighted sound coming from the speakers. The sound bar clearly shows a center channel, left and right channel. It also shows from the edges of the speakerbar the mid room highlighted sound directing sound toward the wall to reflect back mid room. You also see the two height channels from the soundbar reflecting sound off the ceiling. Adding the two rear speakers you see the illustrated left and right rear channels as well as the two height channels which round out this 7.1.4 system. 7 ear level channels, 1 subsonic channel and 4 height channels are included in this Nakamichi system. NOTE: the illustrated picture provided was lifted from the Nakamichi product page concerning this 7.1.4 system with the same product model number. Nakamichi while unknown to some has long produced high end audiophile grade equipment. From their beginning making tape decks second to none in the 1970’s, to audiophile speaker systems and premium Nakamichi head units and speakers with subs for the auto industry. To this day one of the best factory sound systems I’ve ever heard in a new vehicle came from an early 90’s Lexus 400 with Nakamichi sound.
- Answer Yes, I also have a 55" Samsung 4K TV
QuestionAre the rear speakers easy to turn on and off? I want to use this in a bedroom but I would like to turn the rear speakers off if someone is sleeping. Is it a pain?
- Answer The remote has a button to turn the surround speakers on and off..
- Answer No you cannot expand the system at all
- Answer I think it depends upon the size of your room really. We got the 7.1.4 and have a 20x20 family room that this system is in. Sometimes I wish we would have went with the 2 sub system since it doesn't seem to be quite enough. When we finish our basement this winter we are going to go with the 9.2.4 because we are for sure going to need the 2 subs down there. I guess I would say go with the 2 if you are worried. They have said that you can't add another sub if you go with the 1 sub system and want to add another.
QuestionI really like the features of this product but wondering about the lighted ARC in the front. Can that be turned off?
- Answer not completely. It has dimmer settings (bright, medium, low) but not completely off, except when sleep mode (tv off.
- Answer No, the low-frequency sound is nondirectional, you cant locate the direction it is coming from. A subwoofer can be located any nearly any place in the room.
QuestionI currently own a Vizio 5.1 soundbar and looking to upgrade to this one. One of the features of the Vizio is the DTS circle surround which simulates surround audio from stereo or none Dolby/DTS sources. Does this unit have a similar feature ?
- Answer yes it decodes to surround sound. Set DIRECT mode to DOLBY SURROUND (for Dolby and PCM content) or NEURAL X (for DTS content) to get sound from all surround speakers
QuestionDoes the soundbar or remote have a dialogue control? I have a hard time hearing the dialogue on movies and also when just watching cable TV. I use a Yamaha NS-C310BL 2-Way Bass-Reflex Center Speaker to enhance the dialogue.
- Answer If you look at the remote, there is an option for clear audio. i have the system and never have a problem hearing dialog so I haven't tried that setting. Most of the enhancement features work pretty well, so I would assume that one would.
- Answer This is not a question....
QuestionDo the rear speakers have up-firing drivers for Dolby Atmos of do they just have the two drivers that point straight ahead?
- Answer They only fire straight, but if you lay them a certain way they can fire upwards.
QuestionDo you need an amplifier with these speakers? The back speakers need to be wired? Is it blu tooth or WiFi ? I hear WiFi has better sound quality......
- Answer No amp is needed. Rear speakers are connected to the sub which is connected to the sound bar using Bluetooth
- Answer You probably could. You would just need to splice your speaker wires in the the supplied speaker wire because it uses an RCA plug to plug into the subwoofer.
QuestionHow long are the wires on the rear speakers. They have to be plugged into the subwoofer correct. ??
- Answer I don't know exactly how long they are, but they extend all the way across my bedroom with a TON of leftover wire. Yes, they do plug into the subwoofer.