Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $359.99
Question“Not compatible with Cable bundled voice services. Contact your internet service provider for more compatibility information.” What does this mean? Suddenlink provides me with internet, cable tv, and phone. ..is this the incompatible “bundle?”
- Answer Well depending on how ur provider works this might not work for it. I have comcast and also have the TV internet and phone bundle. My internet runs off the cable wire that comes in the house and I dont use the phone line. Just got the bundle because it was cheaper. What u can ask them is if your internet works off of cable or phone line. If its phone line then this wont work due to it not having a phone Jack. If its cable based then it should as long as they do not make u have a phone line connected in order for everything to work. So if u call and ask them " does my internet run through cable or phone line and if cable line do I need the phone line hooked up to use the internet". If the answer is cable and no need for phone line hooked up then this would be great for you. I have loved it since day one and stand by the brand.
- Answer I'm using this router for few months now and I do like the wifi range. It does cover good 3500 to 4000SF home without any problem! I didn't notice any change with speed with good 3500sf.
QuestionIs this the same as NETGEAR Orbi Tri-band Whole Home Mesh WiFi System with 3Gbps Speed (RBK50) If not i’d this system newer, better, faster....
- Answer The RBK50 is a mesh router with one satellite unit. The CBK40 is also a mesh router with one satellite but the main router unit includes a built-in cable modem that connects directly to a coax input from cable companies like Comcast. You can use the CBK40 in place of the Comcast provided modem/router.
- Answer CBR40 is just the cable modem/router and CBK40 is the kit including the cable modem/router and an Orbi satellite.
- Answer I have the Orbi with cable modem that is approved by my ISP (Spectrum). I do not have any of the cable company/ ISP equipment in my house. No rental fee, no wireless network fee, I just pay for internet connection and taxes. My Ooma phone system and streaming video services work great with Orbi, I have two satellite units to cover whole house.
- Answer Hi, you can link an additional satellite and it doesn't affect the performance. I have the Orbi modem linked with 3 satellites.
QuestionDoes this system work well with iPhones and iPads? Some one mentioned they had trouble with phones so I want to be sure. Also can I connect ring video doorbell and lorex cameras? As well as a POE switch?
- Answer We have had no problems with iPhones, iPads or any of our equipment. Have 12+ items linked. App is very easy to use & monitor devices. If you have kids, there is a free parental control program that you get called Circle. I don’t know about your other questions, am not familiar with those.
QuestionIs there a physical off/on button to turn off the wifi signal? It's for a vacation home and some guests do not want to be exposed to the wifi signal, preferring to be hardwired. We need an easy on/off solution since we aren't in the state.
- Answer You can turn the WiFi on and off from the app on your phone