Questions & Answers
- Answer I just purchased the PNY 4GB RAM for my MacBook Pro. It didn't work when I was running OS X 10.3. I upgraded to 10.6 and then directly downloaded 10.10. After the upgrade, the RAM worked perfectly. Now I have 8GBs in the laptop. Make sure you get the RAM on sale or price matched. Bought it for $30.
QuestionCompatible with Dell Inspiron 14 3451?Is this memory compatible with the Dell Inspiron 14 3451. When I opened the Notebook and removed the memory there is a note stating "USE DDR3L ONLY" this memory is listed as DDR3 not DDR3L. From what I can determine the difference is that DDR3L works at 1.35V. I selected this memory based on the best choice selection from the advisor on BestBuy website. Before plugging it in I would like to know if i have the correct memory.
- Answer In the end this memory went back home it is the wrong one and Best buy at the time did not have the correct 1.35V version, I had to goto alternate store to find the memory. Very few suppliers use DDR3L naming convention, the key is to get memory which is 1.35 Volt and the correct frequency 1600Mhz. Some mfr call this a SODIMM memory. Hope this helps anyone coming after me.
QuestionCompatible with MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)Hello, I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012). With 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. I want to upgrade to 8 GB. This memory is compatible with my mac??? thanks
- Answer I used it to upgrade an IMac so I would say yes, Apples Spec is PC3-10600 1333MHZ SO-DIMM 204 Pin
- Answer Yes it does work with my MAC (IMAC). I had 8 gbs and went to 16. The IMAC is essentially a laptop with feet. If you click on the Apple logo and go to MAC specs, its is the exact spec of the RAM already in it. Its about the only one you can find for it now too as all of the others are 1600 and this is 1333mhz.
- Answer Yes, this memory module is compatible with Asus K52F series laptop.
QuestionIs this compatible with my HP Pavillion Desktop?I have 8GB but want to upgrade to 12 GB. There are two slots on the board.
- Answer Yes, just will not be as fast if running one 8 and one 4. But if running three 4's. All the same speed will have greater effect.
QuestionBlue screen of death after upgrading RAMI used this RAM to upgrade my lenovo T410 windows 7 64 bit. Now I am facing Blue screen of death issue. Let me know if anyone has a solution for it.
- Answer Did you check the voltage on the ram?
- Answer Yes, it will work.
QuestionI have a Lenova x220 and have an additional memory slot. There is 4 gb in the first slot. How much ram can I add in the additional slot? 4gb? 8gb? Also, is the proper ram type DDR3L-1600 SODIMM? The computer is an i5 2450m CPU running at 2.5 Hz
- Answer Look up max Ram for your computer on a google search... That will tell you.. However it may not tell you if you need to replace existing Ram with larger or if you can just add... Geek Squad should be able to answer that.... Some laptops have a door in the back to access Ram, without removing the whole cover.. Either way they can answer your question and they were very cooperative with me when I did mine.... You might also think about changing your hard drive for a SSD and saving your hard drive as an exterior storage. Great improvement in access speed....