- Answer It means that this is to be purchased if you bought the product elsewhere. This is for the installation only. Best Buy provides free basic installation only when you buy the remote starter from them. Depending on your car, you may have to buy additional parts too.
QuestionWIll my original key fab still work after installation?My wife had remote start on her last car but it was purchased with it. the remote had messed up the old key fab. I was curious if the installation messes with the original fab or a new one is added for start?
- Answer I have a 2011 Sentra with keyless entry, my remote start is the Viper 2-way system (not sure if this makes any difference). My key fob works in conjunction with it perfectly. I can start it while I'm in the store then come outside and hit panic button to beacon me to the target. Horn still blows when I lock it. All good over here.
QuestionPRICESWhat is the reason for not including the total cost before installation, if you know the make and model of the car/truck and why is there no way to enter the make and model to find out what the cost of the hardware. It may cut down on unhappy customers and increase sales.
- Answer Typically there is a lot of confusion with any estimates, every car can be different with different anti theft systems just supplying your year make model wouldn't gaurantee an accurate estimate... Here's a few examples 2003 Toyota Corolla s model came with or without a Antitheft key as a factory option would not know until the car is disassembled. 2001 and up Ford F-150 does it have factory keyless? If not additional parts needed and labor 97 and up Dodge Ram factory anti theft option does it have a black key or grey key? Difference in parts are 100's of dollars for just the type of key you may have .... It goes on and on for nearly every car no idea what your vehicle has equipped post factory assembly, some of these cars supplying a vin would help but moral of the story don't be lazy call or stop in and speak with the installer directly ...Hope this helps
QuestionCan use use the OEM fob to remote start the car?I've seen where you can hit the lock button 3 times with the factory fob to remote start the car, can you do that with the Viper 4706v model? Thank you.
- Answer Yes you can some additional cost may be needed to do so but generally your oem fobs range is so poor it's not recommended try your fob in a parking lot will give you a range perspective
QuestionDo you install remote starters for cars with manual transmissions? If so how much does it all cost? Nothing fancy just something basic for an older car. Thanx
- Answer I read online that any reputable place will never install remote start on manuals because sometimes being left in a certain gear can trigger the car to start and jolt the car forward hitting stuff making it a huge liability issue.
- Answer Last Christmas Best Buy had a package where you bought the remote car starter and it came with installation. I had to buy an extra bracket but it was all done for under $300