Questions & Answers
QuestionDoes it comes with some screws for the wall mount or we only have to stick it up to the wall?
- Answer It actually only comes with a mounting bracket and screws to stick on the wall. I know “stick up” cam is confusing. I assumed it was some sort of double sided tape.
- Answer There’s no definitive answer to this. There are many factors such as where you’re router is located in reference to the camera and if there are obstructions in the way such as numerous walls. However you should be good for at least 30 plus feet. If unsure, take a device that uses WiFi to the location where you will be placing the camera. If the device is getting a decent WiFi signal then you should be fine.
- Answer Yes....waterproof and weatherproof. I'd give it an 8 out of 10 for performance. Doesn't always alert when there is movement.
- Answer Yes you can.
QuestionCan I splice the power cable that goes into the camera on a (3rd Generation Stick Up indoor/ outdoor Camera) ? I don’t want to have to drill a huge 1 inch hole into my brick wall above the garage in order to connect the power cable to the camera.
- Answer Yes you can. Spliced all 4 of my stick up cams to install through stucco, without making a huge hole .
- Answer Someone may know how, but when I tried it, I could not make that work, the video came out upside down, and you don't have much in the way of tools for the video feed on their app.
QuestionCan this device detect motion if I set it up behind a window? Basically there will be a glass window between the camera and the outdoor.
- Answer It will still detect motion, BUT.... At night, you will need to turn off the infrared light because it will only reflect off the glass.
QuestionCan I turn this camera on and off from my Ring app? For example, if I am home, I do not want it to give me notifications when I myself am walking around the room. I only want a notification of movement when I am NOT home. Is this possible?
- Answer yes you can turn it off. you can go into settings and change them. You can have it set for being at home mode,and being away mode which will turn it on for you
QuestionCan the camera be mo180 unted upside down? and can the video be turned right side up or 180 degress?
- Answer Hi Macpipe, The Ring Stick Up Cam Wired is our next-generation security camera that can be used both indoors and outdoors to bolster the security around your home. Out of the box this camera can be mounted on a wall or flat surface using the provided mount. If you would like to install this camera on the ceiling or eve of your home, a special mount is available (sold separately) that can be attached to the device. The ceiling mount allows for the camera to be mounted properly to ensure accurate motion detection. I've provided a link below for the accessory. https://ring.com/collections/accessories/products/stick-up-security-camera-mount If you have any additional questions please reach out to us today at email@example.com. Thank you, Danielle from Ring firstname.lastname@example.org
- Answer Hi Dave, Yes, once you receive your Ring Stick Up Cam you will want to download the Ring app from the App Store. The following link: ring.com/app will automatically begin downloading the correct version for your operating system. Once the app has been downloaded you will create your Ring account and proceed with the setup of the Ring Stick Up Cam. When the Ring Stick Up Cam detects motion a notification will be sent to your iPhone. You can answer the notification or start a live view, which will connect you to video when you are both at home or away. If you have any additional questions please reach out to us today. Our team of Ring specialists would be happy to assist. Thank you, Danielle from Ring email@example.com
- Answer I have one of each - wired and battery, and have not noted a difference in WiFi connectivity between them. Not scientific measurement, they seem about the same.
- Answer Yes. You just need to download the Windows app.
- Answer Hello MrFixit, Thank you for reaching out and giving me an opportunity to answer this question for you. With a Ring camera, customers can record in-home and in-garage delivery clips by linking their Amazon and Ring accounts in the Key app. You can also lock and unlock your Key compatible smart locks directly from the live feed of your camera in the Ring app. This article will give you basic information on the Key by Amazon integration with Ring: https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027029411-Key-by-Amazon-Works-With-Ring- If you feel that you still have questions or concerns regarding Amazon Key and how it works with Ring, please feel free to reach out to us at your convenience, so we may address these with you directly. https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406-Contact-Us Best, Caitlin with Ring
- Answer no it is in black and white. but as soon as light is introduced it does go to color.
- Answer no they are 2.4 ghz cameras
- Answer Yes, it's weatherproof and I have mine installed out in the open. It works great and the material can withstand the 115 Degree Summer Heat in Tucson, AZ.