Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $1,199.99
QuestionWhat is the water temperature on the sanitizing cycle and how long does it maintain this temperature?
- Answer When the Sanitize cycle is selected, the WF520ABP heats the water to an extra high temperature of over 150°F based on NSF protocol (P172) for clothes washer sanitization. Samsung recommends checking the garment care label to avoid garment damage. The estimated total cycle time for the Sanitize cycle is 115 minutes, which may vary depending on several factors, such as water pressure, supplied water temperature and number of cycle options selected. The certification for sanitization is conducted by NSF International, an independent third-party testing and certification organization. Thank you for the question, Ms. Samsung
QuestionHow is the WF520 different than the WF511 model?What is the difference between the WF520 and the WF511 model?
- Answer Thanks for the question. The WF511 and WF520 are very similar in terms of capacity and features, including the VRT Plus for quiet operation, even at the highest spin speeds, and Power Foam, which pre-dissolves detergent for faster penetration and more thorough coverage of fabrics. The main differences between the machines is the control panel design - the WF511 has an LED display and the WF520 has a 3.6" LCD with multiple languages - and the colors options. - Ms. Samsung
Questionvibration at start of spin cycleJust purchased new WF520ABP, installed by Best Buy delivery. Have noticed just upon start of spin cycle heavy vibration then goes away. Sometimes vibration is very loud with a knocking noise but always goes away when the drum spins faster. I have rechecked level and feet of pedistals are tight. Should I call Service to have this looked at?
- Answer Thanks for the question. It's not unusual to have some vibration at the start of the spin cycle, up until about 400 RPM (Medium spin speed), until the Vibration Reduction Technology's ball bearings are distributed to act as counterweights. To effectively minimize vibration up until that point, try adjusting the leveling legs while the washer is spinning. If you see some movement from front left to rear right, for example, turn the front left or rear right legs slightly until there's no more movement. If the movement is occurring more from rear left to front right, then adjust those legs instead. Finetuning this adjustment while the washer is spinning is critical to minimizing the noise and vibration. That said, if there is minimal or no movement on the outside of the washer, and the noise and vibration is coming from the movement of the drum inside, then this is a normal amount. If you do adjust the legs at all, please be sure to tighten the leg locks when you're finished so they don't self-adjust over time. - Ms. Samsung
QuestionDrain hose extensionFor those who have water outlets and drain for washer on the right side, is there a drain extension/modification available to have washer on the left side?
- Answer Thank you for the question. If your washer is more than 4 feet away from the water supply outlets, you will need to purchase accessory inlet hoses which are available in various lengths up to 10 feet. The drain hose that comes factory installed on your washer is approximately 6' long, and can be extended by purchasing another section of hose, then attaching it to the original hose by clamping them together with a steel sleeve. If you're simply switching the side that the washer is installed on from right to left, you should be well within the maximum distance for discharge of thirteen feet in any direction, based on the pump's capability. - Ms. Samsung
- Answer Yes, the WF520 washing machine comes with the drain hose factory installed. Thanks for your interest, Ms. Samsung
QuestionDoor open in what direction ?I need the washer on the right side with the door opening to the right. The dryer door needs to open to the left, Can this be achieved ?
- Answer Like most front load washers, the door on the WF520ABP opens from right to left and cannot be reversed to open from left to right because of the location of the door lock. The dryer doors, however, are reversible. Instructions to reverse the dryer door can be found in the User Manual. Thank you for your interest, Ms. Samsung
Questionwhat is the new powerfoam tech?this new samsung and dryer pair have PowerFoam technology, what is that?
- Answer PowerFoam is a new technology developed by Samsung which helps detergent to penetrate fabrics faster and more evenly by pre-dissolving it through an infusion of water and air before it enters the drum. The only model to have this new technology available, the WF520 also features 5.0 cubic foot capacity, Vibration Reduction Technology, Direct Drive motor, Diamond Drum, Steam and Pure Cycle to help keep the drum clean and fresh-smelling. Samsung was also recently awarded the JD Power Overall Customer Satisfaction Award for Washing Machines for the second year (2009-2010) and for Dryers for the third consecutive year (2008-2010). Thanks for your interest! Ms. Samsung
QuestionAttached WheelI will buy the this washer soon but I just wondering whether I attach the wheels under the washer or not because my apartment can't install the washer. So, I should attach the wheel then use moveable. here from you soon Thank you.
- Answer If you intend to set the washer up yourself, as I did, attaching wheels will make it easier to move about. Keep in mind, when you purchase this unit from BestBuy, they usually set it up for you upon delivery.
QuestionDoes the washer com with a power cord I was told by best buy i need to buy a 220 outlet, why?
- Answer Yes you will need to purchase a new power cord even if you already have one you are currently using. It may be a legal thing. Their thoughts are that you may have a problem with the cord you are already using. We purchased the cord from them at about $29.00 You will need a 220 volt outlet to accommodate the cord hookup. It is not fora regular 120v outlet.
QuestionPOWERFOAMWhy can't I see any foam when washing a load of clothes? Am I suppose to see foam? It shows in the videos that the washer starts filling up with foam and you can see it. Is that just for demo purposes. My clothes look and feel clean.
- Answer Great question! I am doing a wash now and I too do not see any foam You may be right about demo purposes!
QuestionDoes this washer come with hoses for hot and cold water connection?Does this washer come with hoses for hot and cold water connection?
- Answer Yes, two hoses are included to connect to your household water supply.
QuestionIs that Samsung comes out with "WF520ABH" model?What is the difference between WF520ABP and WF520ABH (Sears' website)?
- Answer Probably the color; if the numbers are the same, the letters at the end usually indicate the color of the item.
QuestionIs this washer gentler on clothes?I recently bought a Samsung WF419 front loader (it has been discontinued I think) and I am considering exchanging it for this upgraded Samsung model because it seems to be overly rough on my clothes. I love the way it cleans! - everything comes out exceptionally clean and good smelling and even ground in stains come out well - but maybe its cleaning too well??? I ask this becasue of the effect it is having on the clothes. Even new clothes come out looking "worn" after just a couple of washes. Clothes get pillings and worn looking possibly from the friction of spinning around with so little water? Even on low spin speeds and short cycles and the correct water temperature (plus I always use a gentle HE detergent free of dyes of perfumes), the clothes still come out looking years or months older than they are. Oh, I also have a whole house water softner/conditioner so I don't think the water quality is the problem. Will this new model from Samsung be any better?? Otherwise I may as well just stick with what I have as I do like the way it cleans my clothes and I've never had a mold smell problem. Thank you.
- Answer Thank you for the question. I'm sorry to hear your impression is that the WF419 is contributing to your clothes appearing "worn". Samsung's Diamond Drum, which is in both the WF419 and WF520 as well as several other models, is actually designed to be gentler on clothes than the conventional drums due to the smoother surface and smaller holes. Using a lower spin speed setting, as you've mentioned, may also help to reduce the wear on fabrics. My suggestion would be to try using a bit less HE detergent, since using too much can cause some clothes to look a bit dingy. In terms of comparing the WF520 to the WF419, they use similar amounts of water and have the same drum design, but the former includes the new Power Foam feature which predissolves the detergent by infusing it with water and air before it comes in contact with the clothes. Power Foam penetrates fabric faster and rinses cleaner, which helps to improve the overall cleaning performance. - Ms. Samsung
QuestionDoes this model have silvercare?Silvercare is used in samsung models. It seems like this is the model that has it, but it's not listed in the description.
- Answer Thank you for the question. You're correct that some Samsung front load washing machines do have SilverCare (also known as ActivFresh in certain models), but the WF520 does not. The WF520 uses a newer feature, called Pure Cycle, to help keep the drum fresh and clean. Pure Cycle uses a combination of extra hot water and optimized spin speeds to sanitize the drum without bleach or other additives, with a simple press of a button. For more information, please feel free to download a copy of the user manual from Samsung's website. - Ms. Samsung
QuestionWhat does the xxa denote at the end of the model number? I see it on other sites with just the model WF520ABP?
- Answer The /XAA is part of Samsung's internal model code nomenclature, and does not differentiate one model from another. The WF520ABP is the same as the WF520ABP/XAA. Thanks for the question, Ms. Samsung