Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $446.99
The regular price is $469.99
- Answer I went through a nightmare trying to get the data on this brand new unlocked phone to work on ATT. Called Att, went into the store, spent hours with Best Buy techs. Tried different phones, different sims, nothing worked. Found this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmwx53aQZbs&feature=em-share_video_user Entered new APN exactly as this video suggests and data works for the first time! The recommended APN for ATT that everyone else was using was wrong. Hope this helps. :)
- Answer The model number of this phone is actually SM-G930U It is a new unlocked version of the device, that is similar to the international 930F and 930FD, but contains a couple of extra LTE bands that the international version didn't have.. this phone was built to allow USA users to utilize all of the LTE bands of networks like T-Mobile and ATT, without buying it through the carries, so this phone does not contain any network bloatware.
QuestionDoes it mean you can't open back cover on Galaxy s7? It has slot for SIM-cards... What's about if to replace battery? To put in memory card?
- Answer The battery cover cannot be opened. The slot for the SIM card also has a slot for the micro SD card.
QuestionI am trying to find out if this phone would work with Cricket Wireless which is on the AT&T network?
- Answer It works on Cricket. It's identical to the AT&T version, except no branding or bloat ware. I'm using it right now.
- Answer Yes. It is unlocked and you can use any carriers sim card. Verizon or at&t, tmobile, consumer cellular, etc. Some phones you cant. I bought the phone and went to target for activation.
QuestionWill this phone work on Sprint?
- Answer Technically, yes. Though you may experience the Hands-Free Activation loop where the phone appears to activate, reboots, but after the reboot Hands-Free Activation starts all over again. You can kill the Sprint OADM application(s), to stop the loop (you can also get an app from the Play Store to permanently remove these setup apps). Interestingly, LTE will work at this point, but "Samsung" will show up as your carrier. I and others have experienced this issue. In my case, this was using the older Sprint SIM part number: SIMOLW416C that I received from Ting. I will go to the Sprint store soon to see if they have a fix for this. I know Sprint now has a new 3-in-1 SIM card that I want to try out: SIMOLW506C
- Answer I have the Galaxy S7 unlocked I recently purchased it from my local Best buy and I do use it on t mobile it works perfectly I love the unlocked version of this phone and on t mobile it's a match.
QuestionDoes this phone have a regular headphone jack? I don't want one that uses the charging port for the headphones or that relies solely on wireless headphones.
- Answer Yes. It does have a headphone jack. It charges via micro usb
- Answer This product works well as a phone but it is still subject to reception issues and dropped calls as any other phone.
QuestionI want to use this S7 on Verizon 90% of the time with my current plan. I need AT&T 10% of the time. I would like to purchase an AT&T prepaid card for use when travel to this AT&T coverage area. Is this possible? Can I purchase/swap SIM cards to do this?
- Answer I have this phone and I use a Cricket SIM on the AT&T network and it works great :)
QuestionDoes this samsung factory unlocked phone(SM-G 930 U) works through 4 G LTE on ATT network ? Web search including Bestbuy showed they were able to connected only to slower HSPA, not 4G LTE at BestBuy store. I wonder this is universal experience.
- Answer Contrary to some answers here, yes yes yes. I can confirm it connects to AT&T LTE network out of the box. I'm not sure what problems others were having. Perhaps they were in a location without LTE coverage. I have been connected to bands 17, 2 and 30 so far.
QuestionI understand this phone "works" on T Mobile, BUT, does it provide full access to special T Mobile features such as wifi calling or VoltE calling? Or do I have to purchase the TMobile specific version of the Galaxy S7 to use those features?
- Answer I can confirm VoLTE and WiFi calling both work fine on T-Mobile out of the box without any issues. Wifi calling works fine on Sprint. AT&T is another story. No WiFi calling or "enhanced LTE services" at this time. Hopefully an update will enable those features in the future.
QuestionWhat's warranty of this phone?
- Answer Yes. It comes with the standard 1 year warranty via Samsung. I also just purchased Samsung Protection Plus for $130 with extends the warranty to 2 years total. There is some confusion with this. This phone (930U) is fully warrantied. The international one (930F) has NO warranty and is not eligible for protection plus.
- Answer Yes. Good volume. When using speaker it's very loud.
QuestionThis phone has stupid white label with bar-code, s/n, etc. on the back... I've bought s7 for my teenager daughter and ordered 2 transparent cases - this label looks ugly! Does everyone take it off?
- Answer This is just a label, it will not affect phone's performance. You may want to keep it for reference- in case phone needs to be filed. Just keep it in the box the phone came in.