Questions & Answers
- Answer Yes you can! When you open the radio, press the bottom button. It'll bring up a menu with Add Preset, Auto Presets, View All Presets, and Recording. Scroll down to Recording and press the center button. Press it again on Record Now.
QuestionAre there any MP3 Players that would be able to charge from a cord to a wall instead of by a computer?My com. battery does not charge my com (because I believe something is stuck where you plug it in to charge not the wall slots, but I don't have money to fix that right now and I'm not a technical person nor do I want to buy a new com, my com works fine regardless.) I just want to know if there are any separate ways of charging this without the use of a com?
- Answer If you have a mini USB on your MP3 player you can connect it to an AC USB power adapter and plug that adapter into the wall.
- Answer Yes, it is compatible with the DRM-free iTunes® AAC music format. Also compatible with MP3, WMA, secure WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC.
- Answer Belt-clip is part of the player. Charge through USB 2.0 port. Package Contents: * Sansa Clip Zip ™ MP3 Player * USB 2.0 transfer cable (for Hi-Speed transfer and battery charging) * Earphones * Quick Start guide * Starter CD (Sansa Updater and Rhapsody offer)
- Answer If you use the player regularly and the earphone connector gets yanked out it can damage the contacts and may only work on the one side. You might also try your headphones on another device to make sure that isn't the problem, and lastly make sure the headphones are able to push in all the way, some are slightly angled and that bit of plastic may need to be filed down. As for the radio push left or right to the radio tab and push the middle button. use the left or right (station up or down respectively). The receiver is not of great quality so if you are indoors you may not get a good signal. I work in a warehouse and because of the metal I don't get a signal at all.
- Answer I downloaded music that I had ripped to my laptop using my own CDs and the program Window Media Player
QuestionWork in car?I am not tech savvy! I have an Honda Accord that has outlets for usb ports, cell phone etc- will something like this plug into one of those ports to listen to music? Thank you.
- Answer I use it in my Honda Civic and it works well :)
QuestionCan I use 2.1 speakers with this MP3 Player?Can I use my 2.1 speakers with this MP3 player? If so would I just plug the speakers in where I plug in my headphones?
- Answer yes ,I am currently doing this , but I also have the speakers plugged into this laptop for their power supply
QuestionWill the SanDisk - Clip Sport 4GB* MP3 Player play chapters from an audio book in sequential order
- Answer Yes, it works very well. I use it to listen to audio books all the time.
QuestionDoes the screen stay on the entire time or does it blank out after a few seconds?Not a big fan of the huge screen - preferred the old Clip +'s as it was simple. I'm thinking the bigger screen probably drains more power - how long does it stay on after a button-press?
- Answer It has a 25 hour rating for battery life with a single charge. It will enter sleep mode after short periods.
Questiondoes it have a sleep timer?can i set the player to cut off after 30 mins automatically? i sometimes use my old one at bedtime.
- Answer Yes you can. Go into Settings and you'll find the timers. I do the same thing at times and it works great. Saves the battery. You can set it for various times to shut off.
- Answer yes, I can on the one I have.
QuestionCan I bookmark my audio files, ie audiobooks?I download audiobooks from the library and like to bookmark the spot I'm at so I can switch to fm or a son in between.
- Answer Not with the Sansa user interface. Yes, IF you are willing to take a deep breath and update the user interface. The open-source ROCKbox.org project has a wonderful UI for the Clip Zip. Works great. Hold down the "|<<" while you turn it on, it comes up in original Sansa mode. One of the features I *really* like (and it has quite a few) about ROCKbox are the *bookmarks*. Along with my music catalog, I have both library audiobooks and a few netcasts to which I enjoy listening. Lastly, if you decide you don't like it, it's easy enough to remove and go back to original Sansa mode. And lose bookmarks.
QuestionLockCan I push a button real fast on top to lock it so while it's in my pocket, it wont change channels or what not?
- Answer Press and hold the back button, a padlock will come up.
QuestionHow do you get "settings"?I lucked into it once but don't know what I did. Now all I get is music; how do I get the radio?
- Answer Go to san disk web sight and you can download the manual for the clip sport it will tell you everything and how to.
- Answer Yes!
- Answer I don't use the micro SD card .i use the regular sized SD card. And use the 128gb and 32gb.
- Answer There should have been a little manual that came with the item. Other than that, go to the link I provided to get other help with your SanDisk. http://www.sandisk.com/