Questions & Answers
- Answer Hi mick, the width of the TV measures 48 3/4 inches (1238 mm). You may refer to this link for more information (dimensions): https://docs.sony.com/release//SPECS/KD55X720E_mksp.pdf ~Ralph
QuestionHi! Two questions: I use an older model MAC airport as my router, do I need a certain model for this TV to be compatible? Also, I currently use ROKU, for Netflix and Amazon. This TV eliminate that, correct?
- Answer I think all types of router will work unless super slow one. You won't be needing Roku, Netflix and Amazon. It's all built in for download in this TV.
- Answer I have two other more recent models than the 720E. This is still a good tv in terms of the interface being easy to use (and fast enough) and the picture quality. It does not natively have HDR but does upscale to it and does a good job. For the price point it is probably worth it the very small difference in picture quality compared to the 850d. I can't speak for the newest OLEDs.
QuestionWill this TV convert HDMI Input Audio source to Optical Audio format? My 11yo Sony TV doesn't, so I want to be sure. Without a separate HDMI switch, I want to pass 5.1 channel audio from an AppleTV (HDMI) to a SONOS Soundbar (Optical).
- Answer Hi queezy, No. This specific operation is not supported by the TV. Thanks, >Joffrey
- Answer Absolutely! Mine is. This TV is super light so you don't really need a heavy duty mounting thingy, unless that's your preference.
QuestionIs there a way to install apps different from the pre-installed ones? If so, how? I couldn’t find it in the manual.
- Answer All apps are listed in the [all apps] section after pressing the home button. It is not possible to install more apps.
QuestionI have a 65 " 4K Sony Now .W/ sound bar . Lots of issues with sound changing up and down with channel change. Does 55" 4K Sony have the sound volume issues also. Also what s/bar works well with Sony?
- Answer I have not had any issues with the volume while using the Sony soundbar. I live in a townhouse so I really haven't had the opportunity to see what the sound bar is made of. Overall, I am very pleased with both the Sony TV/soundbar combination.
QuestionHow long does the manufacturer warranty last? The tv is starting to randomly turn pink. Had it about a year now
- Answer Hi Anthony27, the TV comes with a year (1) manufacturers warranty from the date of purchased. Kindly send us an email at email@example.com to further assist you. Regards, Erin Sony Social Support
QuestionIs there any motion blur when watching sports like hockey or football? The Best Buy salesmen recommended SONY for sports but the SONY TVs we can afford are all 60 Hz.
- Answer I watch a lot of sports, including auto racing, and have not noticed any blurring or motion issues with the picture at all. You'll love the detail and true color when watching sporting activities.
- Answer Hi Sling, It doesn't support Sling TV. ~Ralph
QuestionHow is the sound quality for this tv out of the box? I wear hearing aids and it helps to have good speakers. I don’t want to have to purchase a sound system when I’m already spending $6-700.
- Answer This TV has pretty good loud speakers. I would suggest to play with the audio/speaker settings to your liking. They're also crisp and clear.
- Answer The speakers don't need to be muted to use a sound bar. The TV will automatically detect that a sound bar has been plugged in if using an optical audio cable to connect the two and route the audio to sound bar. Since most sound bars have this cable installation should be very simple - plug and play.