Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $99.99
The previous price was $109.99
- Answer Hi Damien, this speaker does not come with an AC Power Adaptor. The built-in battery of the speaker can be charged when connected to an AC outlet via the supplied USB Type-C cable and a USB AC adaptor (commercially available). The speaker supports USB AC adaptors that are capable of delivering an output current of 1.5 A. Thanks! -Jess
- Answer Hi Dijo, thank you for your inquiry. This will work with your phone. The speaker also works with compatible BLUETOOTH Profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) HSP (Headset Profile) HFP (Hands-free Profile) Sincerely, Erin
- Answer Hi SantasElf, We appreciate your interest in the XB23. It comes only with a USB Cable and warranty card. We apologize, this unit doesn't feature an AUDIO IN jack. It is a Bluetooth only model. If you want to play music, you can use your smartphone and connect it via Bluetooth connection. You might want to consider getting the XB43, XB12, XB22, XB32, or the XB41 which do have 3.5mm in, but connecting an audio cable to this jack turns off sound output from the connected BLUETOOTH device. I hope this helps! Regards, Jess
QuestionIf I sync multiple 33s using party, leave them plugged in and in Bluetooth standby mode, will I be able to connect to any speaker at any time via Bluetooth, and they will all play in sync? Or do I manually have to re-sync all the speakers each time?
- Answer Hi Mulberry, Thanks for your inquiry! Yes, the XB23 will auto connect to the first Bluetooth signal it sees. The unit must be on in order to do this. You can turn “Auto Standby” mode off and leave the unit plugged in while you are out. The Party Connect function is terminated when the speaker is turned off and needs to establish the Party Connect function again to play in sync. I hope this helps. Regards, Erin
- Answer Hi Adaptor, Thanks for inquiring about the XB23. The speaker supports USB type C charging cable. There should have been one in the box. That cable can be connected to most USB AC adaptors that are capable of delivering an output current of 1.5 A. We hope this helps, Erin
QuestionIs it OK to leave the SRS-XB23 plugged in continuously to a USB charger? It is going to remain in one place and I would prefer to keep it on AC power and not use the battery and have to keep charging it. Please let know. Thank you.
- Answer Hi SonyFan, Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, it is safe to leave it plugged in 24/7 because charging stops when the Li-ion battery is full. A topping charge is only applied when the battery voltage drops to a certain level. To maximize battery life, however, it is better to not keep it plugged in. Environmental conditions, not cycling alone, govern the longevity of lithium-ion batteries. Do not charge in conditions too cold or too warm (below 41F or above 95F) When not in use, keep the device stored in a cool place, partially charged. Operating condition between 30 and 80 percent maximizes battery life. Lithium Ion batteries have no memory and are not degraded with partial discharges. The worst situation is keeping a fully charged battery at elevated temperatures. Hope this helps! Regards, Sam
- Answer Hi Best Buy Customer, Thanks for your inquiry. The SRS-XB23 is specifically built for smartphones and computers. Though both devices support Bluetooth A2DP profile, the XB23 cannot be connected with this receiver. The STR-DH190 Stereo Receiver doesn't have a capability to output sound to a Bluetooth speaker. The Bluetooth feature of this unit is actually designed to receive audio from a WALKMAN, smartphone or tablet that has a BLUETOOTH function and listen to the received audio content via this receiver. Unlike the STR-DN1080 model, it has a Bluetooth Transmitter mode which you can enjoy listening to audio from AV devices connected to the receiver via BLUETOOTH headphones/speakers. I hope this helps! Regards, Jess
QuestionWould i be able to pair two of these to connect and play music along with 2 of my SRS-XB30 speakers?
- Answer Hi DrinkR, Thank you for inquiring about the SRS-XB23. The XB23 can only be connected with the following models via Party Connect function: SRS-XB43, SRS-XB33, SRS-XB23. It cannot connect with any other speakers. Hope this helps. -Jess
- Answer yes
QuestionIf I sync multiple XB23s, leave all of them plugged-in and in Bluetooth standby mode, will I be able to connect to any speaker at any time via Bluetooth and have them all play in sync? Or do I manually have to re-sync all the speakers each time?
- Answer Hi Mulberry, Thank you for your inquiry. Tthe XB23 will auto connect to the first Bluetooth signal it sees. The unit must be on in order to do this. You can turn “Auto Standby” mode off and leave the unit plugged in while you are out. The Party Connect function is terminated once the speaker is turned off and needs to resync manually to establish the Party Connect function again. Regards, Erin
- Answer Hi Dannt, Thank you for your question. The battery life is approximately up to 12 hours, so your music never gets left behind. In addition, the SRS-XB23 can party even longer than you can. Even in EXTRA BASS mode, you can party for up to 10 hours. Lithium-ion battery life Approx. (please ensure a full charge) 12 hours: Volume level of the unit set to 34, the sound mode set to STAMINA. 10 hours: Volume level of the unit set to 31 and with the factory default settings (sound mode: EXTRA BASS). 3 hours: Volume level of the unit set to maximum and with the factory default settings (sound mode: EXTRA BASS). As with any battery operated speaker, actual performance time may vary from the listed time due to the volume, songs played, surrounding temperature, and usage conditions. Hope this helps. Regards, Jess
- Answer Hi har8harry, Thank you for your interest in the Sony SRS-XB23! If you are referring to connecting another speaker for stereo sound, then yes, the SRSXB23 can be connected with the same model for that function. I hope this helps! -Carl
QuestionCan this speaker be plugged in all the time. Or do you have to unplug it when it is fully charged?
- Answer Hi Eileen, thank you for inquiring about the SRSXB23. The speaker is capable of running on power either from an AC outlet connected by a USB AC adaptor (commercially available) or from the rechargeable built-in lithium-ion battery. I hope this helps. Regards, Erin
QuestionGiven the shape, does this offer 360 degree sound? It’s not listed anywhere in the product description.
- Answer Hi Kory, Great question. Based on customer feedback, the XB23 is designed more around portability rather than trying to get sound all around the speaker uniformly. Because of this the XB23 will fit in most cupholders and similarly small spaces. It is waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof for your peace of mind. Both of the XB23s speakers are facing the same direction so you can get true Left/Right separation like the artist intended. This also means, if you lay it flat it sounds just as good as it does standing up. That being said for a small speaker the XB23 can really fill a room with audio. Hope this helps! ~Ralph
QuestionI have a Sony SRS-XB22 that's a couple of years old. Would I be able to pair this one with my older one to connect with the party chain?
- Answer Hi there, Good question. Unfortunately, no. Your SRS-XB22 is only compatible with these devices using the wireless party chain function: SRS-XB22, SRS-XB32, SRS-XB21, SRS-XB31, SRS-XB41, SRS-XB20, SRS-XB30, SRS-XB40, GTK-XB60, GTK-XB90 While the SRSXB23 is compatible with these models via the Party Connect function: SRS-XB43, SRS-XB33, SRS-XB23, SRS-XG500, SRS-XP500, SRS-XP700 Hope this helps! Regards, Sam
QuestionCan the speaker be connected to a PC through a wired connection if I do not have a Bluetooth driver?
- Answer Hi Gabe, Thank you for your inquiry. No, the XB23 does not have audio in jack and can only be connected through Bluetooth connection. This speaker can be connected to compatible Bluetooth devices that supports A2DP Bluetooth profile. We recommend purchasing our XB43 wireless speaker that supports both Bluetooth connection for wireless connection and audio in jack for wired connection. Go anywhere with full, crisp sound in a lightweight, stylish design. The XB23 is IP67 waterproof, rustproof, dustproof, and shockproof, with up to 12 hours of battery life, so your music never gets left behind. Keep the good times going with super-efficient USB-C charging, and control sound settings with the Sony | Music Center app. Hope this information helps! - Kris