Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $50.99
The regular price is $249.99
QuestionCan someone tell me what the main difference is between these and the sony mdr100x? Ive been trying to do research but nowhere has a comparison of the two.
- Answer I think you mean the mdr1000xs. There are a lot of differences: 1. Price 2. Features: MDR1000x is lighter and has a good depth of noise cancellation. The controls are touch based on the headphone. The MDRXB950 has button based ones. 3. Bass: XB950 has an authentic deep bass. The MDRx1000 is more or less like an average headphone that emphasizes tunes of every frequency. Kind of like a flat based EQ on it.
QuestionDoes the Noise Cancelling function work WITHOUT music being played? Do the headphones need to be: a) connected to, or b) connected to AND using an active audio source (MP3 player, phone, aux airline movie/audio, etc.). I want these for Noise Cancelling.
- Answer NC is automatically on (you have to turn them off) and yes, works w/o playing music
QuestionHas anyone been able to use this with A Sony XBR series smart tv? When I try to pair it via bluetooth, it says couldn't pair.
- Answer Yes! I connected in to my Samsung UHD 50 inch TV. We have to keep holding the power button till the light keeps blinking for the TV to detect.Try this if you haven't already.
QuestionThe description for the titanium Sony - XB950N1 headphones says that these are on-ear headphones. But the description for the same model in black or green describes these as over-the-ear headphones. Is the over-the-ear version available in titanium?
- Answer Yes, these are cups that surround your ears. I have the titanium. They are wonderful.
- Answer YES. just make sure it's a good transmitter from the tv..so you get good range when walking around the house.
- Answer They're side by side in my best buy store, so might be best to sample yourself. That said, the bass is MUCH louder with the N1, all the way up to who knew folks liked this much base. The N1 is nice and crisp through the response and sounds much better for it. The mid range sounded completely flat to me on the BT whereas the N1 is more balanced. My $50 Sony extra bass ear buds sound much better than the $150 BT headset, whereas my ear buds are left behind with the N1. For the current price difference today you'd but nuts to by the BT.
QuestionCan it be charged using a USB charger, or must a PC be used? My only PC uses the Linux Mint operating System.
- Answer Any USB power source can charge the headphones. It does not matter your OS because all it uses is the power from the USB connector.
- Answer 20Hz - 22kHz These are better than the dr. dre in my opinion. There are some very good youtube reviews comparing the models.
- Answer Yes. They’re compatible with any Bluetooth.
QuestionCan these headphones pair with a Macbook Pro through Bluetooth or you do you have to use the provided connector?
- Answer Hi, Yes, you can either pair via Bluetooth or use the supplied headphone cable. If you want to use Bluetooth, below are the supported Bluetooth profiles of this headphones. If the Bluetooth profile of the third-party device is one of the listed below, then it should work. Thanks! ^Ron - A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) - AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile) - HFP (Hands-free Profile) - HSP (Headset Profile)
- Answer These are not wireless headphones meant for audio out of TVs. These are bluetooth headphones with an option to wire them like normal headphones. Having said that: If you wire them up, then obviously there will be no latency. If you have a TV/Audio setup that allows Bluetooth connection to headphones then these headphones have a pretty low latency. I've tried other Bluetooth headphones and this is definitely less latency, but it's still not as low as wired.
QuestionAre there controls on the headphones to forward, pause or go back when you are listening to songs via Bluetooth on your phone? If you are listening to songs, and you get a phone call, will it pause the music to answer the call, and then resume after?
- Answer Hi Rick716, Yes, the controls allow you to forward, pause and go back. Upon receiving a call, it also pauses and resumes your music though it will still depend on the smartphone. You may refer to pages 63 and 76 of the link below for more information: https://docs.sony.com/release//Help_4692591111.pdf ~Ralph
QuestionHello, I recently bought a pair of XB950N1. I've been using them for the last week, and when I turn on the noise canceling I hear a low sound like a river flowing through my headphones. I was wondering if it is normal to hear that noise in the background?
- Answer Hi there! The low sound that you're hearing is the headphone's noise canceling function working. Over time, you'll be able to get used to it rendering the sound unnoticeable. You may check this link to learn how noise canceling works: https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40681/p/40940,40941,96670/c/65,66/kw/sound%20while%20noise%20canceling%20is%20on Thanks, -Mark
- Answer Hi Kobe, the headphones come with a Micro-USB cable. For more details, please check here: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb950n1/v1/en/contents/TP0001176120.html Regards, Erin
- Answer Hi KyleL84, Yes. The headphones come with a headphone cable. Take note that the noise canceling and bass effect buttons cannot be used when the headset is powered off: https://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb950n1/v1/en/contents/TP0001176178.html Regards, Vincent
QuestionMy daughter has already lost the headphone cable. Which cable on the website would be a good replacement?
- Answer It's a standard 3.5mm stereo cable. Try the Kanex - 6' Audio Cable
QuestionI own these headphones and I accidentally dropped my old phone in water and it got completely fried so I was unable to unpair my headphones from that phone. Now my headphones won’t pair with my new phone! Help!
- Answer Hi Sydney, you may restore the headset to its factory default settings by simply following the steps provided on the link below: http://helpguide.sony.net/mdr/xb950n1/v1/en/contents/TP0001176175.html Regards, _Bob