Samsung - Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition 32GB (Unlocked) - Black Onyx
This item is no longer available in new condition.
See similar items below.
Olympic design Limited Edition
Custom design and UI inspired by the Olympic colors with unique messaging application and premium travel case.
Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor
Quad-core 2.2GHz processor and 4GB of RAM deliver outstanding overall performance for opening and running applications, flipping through menus, running home screens and more.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
Offers a fresh, fast platform to help you stay connected and productive while you're on the go.
Compatible with CDMA and GSM carriers, including Verizon Wireless, Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile
Also compatible with prepaid SIM Kits, including Verizon Wireless Prepaid, Cricket Wireless, Net10, H2O, GoPhone and Simple Wireless.
4G LTE speed
Provides fast Web connection for downloading apps, streaming content and staying connected with social media.
5.5" Quad HD Super AMOLED touch screen
Extra-large screen is matched with a slim body to comfortably fit in your hand. Offers 16:9 cinema-like screen ratio that's perfect for viewing of videos, photos and games.
12MP rear-facing camera for 2160p 4K UHD video recording
Dedicated light sensor enables the camera to capture more light in dark environments for better pictures. Also includes a front-facing 5MP camera for self-portraits and video.
32GB internal memory plus microSD slot
Provides plenty of storage space for your contacts, music, photos, apps and more. Expand storage up to 200GB by adding a microSD card (sold separately).
Use your smartphone as a mobile hotspot
Share your 4G data connection with other compatible wireless devices.*
Take things at your own pace with the Easy Mode setting
Simplify your home screen with bigger icons and your favorite apps.
Ultra Power Saving mode lets you keep your phone powered on for longer in between charges
This mode changes your screen to black and white and shuts down all unnecessary features to dramatically minimize battery consumption.
Heart rate sensor lets you measure your heart rate through your fingertip
Plus, monitor your health consistently with the custom services offered by S Health. Log and check your exercise, food intake and heart rate in real time.
Your fingerprint keeps your phone secure
Swipe your finger on the backside sensor panel to unlock your phone.
Access to Google Play
Browse and download apps, magazines, books, movies, and television programs directly to your phone.
Listen to your favorite tunes
Store and play your MP3 files on your phone.
SIM card not included.
* Depends on device memory and network availability. Additional carrier charges may apply.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition 32GB (Unlocked)
- Power adapter
- Owners manual
- Wireless Technology2G, 3G, 4G, 4G LTE, LTE
- Operating SystemAndroid 6.0 Marshmallow
- Processor Speed2.1 gigahertz
- Internal Memory32 gigabytes
- Screen Size5.5 inches
- Water ResistantYes
- Phone Memory (RAM)4 gigabytes
- Front-Facing Camera5 megapixels
- Rear-Facing Camera12 megapixels
- Internet ConnectableYes
- Product NameGalaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition 32GB (Unlocked)
- Data Plan RequiredNo
- Device ManufacturerSamsung
- Additional Hardware IncludedPower adapter
- Phone StyleSmartphone
- Model NumberSM-G935UZKZXAA
- ColorBlack Onyx
- Color CategoryBlack
- Email CapableYes
- Keyboard TypeTouch Screen
- Mobile Hotspot CapabilityYes
- Built-In GPSYes
- Maximum Depth Of Water Resistance5 feet
- Voice ActivatedYes
- Social Media and Messaging ServicesWhatsApp, Google+ Hangouts, SMS, MMS
- Dust ResistantYes
- Display TypeSuper AMOLED HD
- Screen Resolution2560 x 1440
- Touch ScreenYes
- Integrated CameraYes - Front and Back
- Recording Resolution3840 x 2160 (4K)
- Battery TypeOther
- Battery Capacity3600 milliampere hours
- Bluetooth EnabledYes
- NFC TechnologyYes
- Charging Interface(s)Micro USB
- Wireless Charging StandardPMA
- Model FamilySamsung Galaxy S7 edge
- Expandable Memory up to200 gigabytes
- SIM Card SizeNano SIM
- SIM Card SlotsSingle SIM
- Carrier CompatibilityAT&T, Cricket, H2O Wireless, Net10, Simple Mobile, Sprint, T-Mobile, TRACFONE, Verizon
- Voice BandCDMA2000 1X 1900, CDMA2000 1X 800, GSM 1800, GSM 1900, GSM 850, GSM 900, TD-SCDMA, WCDMA (UMTS)
- Data Transmission TypeEDGE, EV-DO, FDD-LTE, GPRS, HSDPA, HSPA+, HSUPA, TDD-LTE
- Data Transmission Operating BandLTE Band 1, LTE Band 12, LTE Band 13, LTE Band 18, LTE Band 19, LTE Band 2, LTE Band 20, LTE Band 25, LTE Band 26, LTE Band 29, LTE Band 3, LTE Band 30, LTE Band 38, LTE Band 39, LTE Band 4, LTE Band 40, LTE Band 41, LTE Band 5, LTE Band 7, LTE Band 8
- Data Transmission Operating FrequencyLTE 1800, LTE 1900, LTE 2100, LTE 2300, LTE 2500, LTE 2600, LTE 700, LTE 800, LTE 850, LTE 900
- Wireless CompatibilityBluetooth, MIMO, Wireless A, Wireless AC, Wireless B, Wireless G, Wireless N
- Network TypeCDMA, GSM
- Product Height5.9 inches
- Product Depth0.3 inches
- Product Weight5.5 ounces
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Parts1 year
- Manufacturer's Warranty - Labor1 year
Rating 4.3 out of 5 stars with 29 reviews(29 Reviews)
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
READ THIS REVIEW FOR SPRINT OR VERIZONPosted .
Many people have been complaining that this phone doesn't work with Verizon or Sprint. They are CDMA companies, so Samsung basically has to ask them to let this phone be on their network. Only certain unlocked phones are able to be on their networks. I have Sprint. When I bought this on August 13, Sprint said it would not be able to be activated. As of September 10, I can confirm that it is able to be activated. Just remember patience is the key. The manufacturer has to contact each CDMA company and have that specific phone tested and certified to work with CDMA companies. If you want a list of the approved non-Sprint devices that can be activated, on Sprint just google "Sprint Bring Your Own Device."I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 1 out of 5 stars
All that glitters is not gold!!!Posted .
I am a Samsung fan and who doesn't support Olympics.This phone is limited edition and has a solid price tag, which some of us are ready to pay. But unfortunately these limited edition phones can have issues too. No extra precautions were taken while manufacturing, all focus was on advertisement and aesthetics (looks) of the phone. I bought my phone from Best Buy and had mine went bad after 18 days of my purchase. Bummer! Can't return it, due to past 14 days return policy. I have a strange steak of line (faded pixels) that is going through right side of my screen vertically. I have Never-Ever dropped this phone. It has been in case since day 0. I called Samsung and looks like will end up with a refurbished phone.... So, I basically paid for refurbished phone. Please google it further, it's a known issue and these limited editions are no exception. Absolutely not recommended to any of my friends out there. I am very disappointed with this purchase. I tried my best to take these pictures as clear as possible. Please look carefully to the right side of the phone. Rest attached pictures speaks for themselves.No, I would not recommend this to a friend
Rated 4 out of 5 stars
Replacement for S5Posted .
I bought this phone as a replacement for my European Samsung S5 that was not compatible with LTE USA frequencies. This phone has very welcome improvements over the S5: - I am glad they dropped the clunky microusb/usb3 port the S5 had. - They also removed the removable flap that protected the microusb from water and made the whole thing waterproof. - The Samsung whizz UI now supports themes and I could find one that fits my taste. I no longer had to replace the default UI with ad filled ones. I am still not sure the edge is an improvement on anything. Actually, it's a bit harder to hit the extremities of the keyboard and sometimes when I hold it, it registers some keypresses by mistake. I am already gettting used to it though. I had to remove a star because the price is way too high. I bought the S5 for $500. For $800, this is more expensive than an iphone and has the same features.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
Compared to the T-Mo version I had been using for a short while, this unlocked Edge has a beautfil built-in theme and striking color accents on it's exterior. It comes with a fancy storage box for those that plan on keeping this device as a collector piece for the long haul. Personally, I'm not much interested in that type of added value. From a performance standpoint, the phone has performed flawlessly. Software updates have been timely and problem free. Although my previous T-Mo Edge would display a higher bar count for the cell network, this one displays lower but always maintains a solid connection - even with just one bar displayed. Having seen this behavior before, I'm convinced that these signal strength bars are coarse at best - and not accurate. Battery life has been superb thanks to Doze, no carrier bloat and the large internal battery. Charges fast via cable and wirelessly. The screen is bright, sharp and responsive. Having the finger print reader on the front is key for me. Recognizes my print and unlocks reliably. The Edge screen functionality is no gimmick. Totally customization and useful. I wasn't sure about this feature initially but now I rely on it for quick access to features & notifications. I now prefer it over what LG has offered in the second screen space of the V series. It's way more useful and flexible. Wifi, bluetooth, cell reception and battery performance are all top notch. Samsung hit it out of the park with this device.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
First, the phone was promised in 6 days but was here in 3. I was very happy about that. Second, it's beautiful to look at, very unique since it's a special edition, and works just as an S7 is supposed to, arguably the best phone on the market. Plus, it's unlocked, can work on any network, and doesn't have all the carrier bloatware that I'm used to from Verizon. Love it.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 3 out of 5 stars
Disappointing consider network version was perfectPosted .
I purchased this after returning my Note 7 due to the recall. I owned a T-Mobile version of this phone prior to buying the Note 7 and was very happy with it. But this unlocked Olympic Edition version while truly beautiful, got extremely hot and slowed down a lot after even an hour long drive using Waze. This did not happen with the T-Mobile version, so perhaps my unit was defective. Alternatively, perhaps its band 12 LTE antenna us not as strong as the antenna on the T-Mobile version. Don't bother with the unlocked version. They're not even getting security updates more quickly.No, I would not recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
it just a nice phone to havePosted .
i like thins phone it just a nice phone to have.i will keep it.I would recommend this to a friend
Rated 5 out of 5 stars
One of a kindPosted .
Overall great device. No issues activating on AT&T. My girlfriend even put her Verizon Wireless iPhone 6s SIM card into this device to see if it would work and it did with no issues either. My initial thought was the Olympic edition theme was awful.. I was so incredibly wrong. The keyboard is too cool. Love it. I would recommend going into the Wallpapers and selecting the black background with the Olympics Rings centered in the middle for both the lock screen and home screen otherwise it will only on the lock screen and the home screen will be a plain black lame wallpaper. If you've contemplated whether or not to spend the extra money on this device then doubt no more.. The unique exterior with the five colors of the Olympic Rings is just stunning. Love, love, love. You should definitely be the next 1 out of 2016 limited edition owners!I would recommend this to a friend
Q: QuestionWill this work on verizon
Asked by Robdog.
- A:Answer No. I ordered this new Samsung S7 Edge Olympic Version to upgrade an existing Verizon 4G LTE phone. However, despite the fact that the Best Buy website states that it will work on the Verizon network, Verizon couldn't activate the device. I spent hours trying to do so, and was eventually told by Best Buy tech support that while it will work on "most US cellphone networks", it was not guaranteed to work on Verizon. I have requested a return label and Best Buy assured me several days ago that they would update their website. As of this posting, sadly, it still says that it will work on the Verizon network. It is possible that I received a defective unit, and that Best Buy simply didn't want to acknowledge that, but a Best Buy tech support member spent 40 minutes on the phone (mostly on hold) trying to hunt down the problem and eventually came back on the phone with an apology and replied that it will not work on Verizon. So, go figure ... but I wouldn't bother if you're intending to activate it on Verizon.
Answered by JoshMan
Q: QuestionWhy are there two devices pictured? Is one a battery pack? Besides the phone, what does it come with?
Asked by Pauleothaden.
- A:Answer I believe that the "two devices" pictured are actually two Samsung S7 Edge Olympic Edition phones, one revealing the back side (with power button on the side, camera and blue Olympic Ring logo on the back) and the other revealing the front of the phone (with volume buttons on the side, microphone on the front, and displaying the yellow Olympic Ring logo probably as the wallpaper). My understanding is that it will include only the phone, charger and manual. But, I will update this answer if need be when I receive mine in the mail tomorrow.
Answered by JoshMan
Q: QuestionWill it work with tmobile? Does it have a battery included? It does not include a Sim starter kit? Is there no warranty from samsung?
Asked by Sue.
- A:Answer This is a great question, Sue. This device is compatible with T-Mobile and there is a battery included with the phone as well as a power adapter. The SIM card is not included with the phone. The warranty with Best Buy is 1 year for parts and labor, this is the same with Samsung. I hope this helps and have a great day.
Answered by Samsung
Asked by Anonymous.