Thank you for purchasing the Samsung Wireless Rear Loud Speakers. I am sorry to hear that you did not experience the full potential of the surround sound system.
Please know that by design, the surround speakers are supposed to simulate sounds happening behind the viewer. Therefore, most of the time the surround channels are only used for ambient sounds, which are naturally lower in volume.
However, there are a few settings you can change to adjust the surround effect to your preference:
1. Make sure that the source (e.g. TV output) is sending surround channels to the Soundbar. If the source is not surround, then set the Surround mode to OFF on the Soundbar by pressing the Surround button on the remote.
2. If the source has surround channels, select the desired Sound Mode from the Soundbar remote. Choices are STANDARD, MUSIC, CLEAR VOICE, SPORTS, or MOVIE.
3. Turn off Dynamic Range Control. This is done by pressing and holing the Sound Mode button while the Soundbar is in standby mode.
4. Increase the volume level of the surround speakers using the Sound Control button on the Soundbar remote control.
I hope these tips help to enhance your audio enjoyment.
Should you need further assistance with this issue or other features, please contact Samsung Customer Support via one of the following options:
1) Toll-free calling: 1-800-SAMSUNG
2) LiveChat or Email: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/#contact_us_for_support
3) Facebook Messenger:  http://m.me/samsungsupport
4) Twitter:  https://twitter.com/messages/compose?recipient_id=18768513