This is a fantastic piece of machinery that whirs as it is on. That is just how well made it is.
Because this is my first camera, I had nothing in my expectations of this camera except for pretty good quality pictures. Now I will make life simple and start with the pros:
- This camera has a wide range of options and filters to play around with including the fish-eye and miniature effects.You will definatley see yourself testing out exactly how to make use of these filters.
- the different modes of shot composition are also another thing to explore with this camera and a good experience make in point and shoot photos allowing for adjustment of your apecture, exposure, and shutter speed.
- Love the wi-fi connectivity that comes along with the camera. Makes connecting to various computers and phones easy, especially if your a person without the correct connection cords and SD card ports.
-Takes pretty impressive video and works beautifully in the day time for both photos and videos.
- Rechargable battery has to be one of the best and time saving aspects of the camera (unless all DSLRs come with that, I don't really know since it is my first one and I had no expectations)
- The sound recording on the camera is decent but hey, a camera is meant to primarily capture visuals, not audio.
- Zooming is something that you will love on this camera. i got to take a picture of the oon in detail for the first time. Freaking awesome and you should try it.
- Speaking of the battery again, pretty generous life span it has before needing another charge
- Does not take very good photos in low light with a great amount of grains on the image. Had a problem with that.
- Sometimes videos, especially ones shot in the dark, will appear great on the camera during playback, but appear a lot darker when input to the computer causing misleading video capture
- Generally speaking, the hd capture really only takes in the daytime.
- Brightness of the LCD display is not really dynamic and will, if you are me, be too bright even in the lowest setting. I would advice not looking at the screen too long in low light.
- Unfortunately, and I wish it did, but does not come with any connection cables or starter memory.( I guess you might not count this as a con just that I would have liked it to help me out a little being my and some others' first time)
- Cannot conect to camera without wi-fi available which does pose a problem to me. Example--O-O--O-O--O-O--O-O--O-O--O-O--O-O--O
Let is say you are outside far away from any connections, and your zoomed in on a far off object. (for me it was the moon) When zoomed in greatly slight movements can be the biggest pushes to shot. So even trying to push the button to take the shot, it will push to camera, pushes the shot, and having you use burst shots until you get the right one getting you to end up looking through 20 to 50 photos of the perfect one. . . ALLLLLLLL instead of being able to hook it up to your phone and press a button to take the photo. I don't really know if techonology is there yet, though it was, but hey.
I am probably not remembering everything, but this camera is amazing and it is worth the buy. Enjoy yourselves with this thing. Just make sure to grab some memory before you starting flinging it around.