Dawn of the Dead/Land of the Dead [2 Discs] [DVD]
- SKU: 8402668
- Release Date: 09/25/2007
Ratings & Reviews
- Dawn of the Dead:
- Feature commentary - director Zack Snyder and producer Eric Newman offer their dead-on perspective about making the film
- Over 12 minutes of deleted scenes - pulse-pounding scenes too terrifying for the final theatrical release! Optional commentary from director Zack Snyder
- The lost tape: over 15 minutes of terrifying footage revealed - chilling images from a recovered "home movie" document Andy's last horrific days at he battles zombie hordes outside his gun shop - and fights to maintain his sanity!
- Splitting headaches: Anatomy of exploding heads - the gory details of how the filmmakers make the head-kills in the film look so believable
- Special Report: Zombie Invasion - startling news coverage includes panicked updates from the White House and scientific experts
- Raising the Dead - from early concept to final effects: turning the actors into undead killers
- Attack of the living dead - an up-close look at the film's most memorable zombie kills
- Land of the Dead:
- Feature commentary - director George A. Romero guides you through his newest monsterpiece
- The remaining bites - these tasty deleted scenes are definitely not your average movie leftovers!
- Undead Again: The making of Land of the Dead - go behind the scenes and on the set for an insider's look at the blook, sweat and..more blood that went into the creation of George A. Romero's most spectacular zombie film yet!
- A day with the Living Dead - from "first call" to "wrap", star John Leguizamo takes you on a humerous personal tour through an entire working day
- Zombie effects: from green screen to finished scene - see how zombie-actors, an unfinished set and computer-generated imagery combine to create the chilling illusion of reality
- Bringing the dead to life - the film's makeup artist, Greg Nicotero, offers insights into the fine art of crafting a convincing creepy zombie
- Bringing the storyboards to life - a step-by-step comparison of storyboard drawings and the final terrifying result captured on film
- Scenes of carnage - A killer music video featuring the movie's most outlandish scenes!
- Scream tests: zombie casting call - real-life and computer-generated zombies strut their undead stuff!
The feature-film debut of director Zack Snyder, Dawn of the Dead is a modern retelling of George Romero's 1978 horror classic, which was actually the second film in a trilogy that began with Night of the Living Dead and concluded with Day of the Dead. Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames star as two of the last remaining people on an earth that has been ravaged by flesh-eating zombies. After escaping to a shopping mall with a handful of other survivors, they decide that they only way to truly elude the approaching throng of undead is to somehow make their way to an island that is supposedly zombie-free. Jake Weber and Mekhi Phifer also star. ~ Matthew Tobey, Rovi
Land of the Dead
George A. Romero, who revolutionized the American horror film in 1968 with the instant classic Night of the Living Dead, returns to his dystopian zombie cycle with this horror thriller. In Land of the Dead, the zombies whose numbers had been slowly but steadily growing through Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead now dominate the streets of most American cities, while urban skyscrapers have been taken over by surviving humans, usually greed-addled opportunists who allow the living to stay in their fortified compounds for a price. Guarding the buildings are rough-and-tumble mercenaries who have learned to do battle with the zombies, making use of powerful weapons to gain advantage. But as the zombie civilization grows, the creatures have begun to slowly evolve, with their dormant thought processes beginning to awaken, and as unrest begins to ferment among the mercenaries and the entrepreneurs who pay them, the ghouls may have found a way to defeat the last stronghold of humanity. Land of the Dead stars Dennis Hopper as arch capitalist Kaufman, and Simon Baker, John Leguizamo, Robert Joy, and Asia Argento as some of the mercenaries; Asia Argento's father, Dario Argento, served as a producer on one of the earlier films in the series, Dawn of the Dead. ~ Mark Deming, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Sarah Polley - Ana
- Ving Rhames - Kenneth
- Jake Weber - Michael
- Mekhi Phifer - Andre
- Ty Burrell - Steve
Most Helpful ReviewsSee all reviews
great moviesMay 24, 2009
if you love zombie movies these are a great purchase. the dawn of the dead reminds me a bit of "dead rising" since they are trapped in a mall, but it is a great movie (dead rising is a video game for wii and xbox 360) these are a great addition to any horror movie fan who loves zombies
I would recommend this to a friend
live Dead MovieAugust 29, 2007
This 2 Undead movie that Unrated r reall good any Horror of Zombie movie just Night of Live Dead or Resident Evil Movie's
I would recommend this to a friend
Reviews Mentioning: Read all Reviews
Looks like we're having trouble displaying reviews for this feature
1 out of 1 found this review helpful.
0 out of 2 found this review helpful.