Black Friday FAQs
Where can I find Black Friday doorbusters and deals?
Best Buy has two convenient options to make your Black Friday shopping a success:
- Online: BestBuy.com is offering outstanding deals all week long, leading up to Black Friday. Doorbusters, Black Friday deals, and online-only offers are all also available online, starting on Thanksgiving. Shop Black Friday now ›
- In store: Visit your local Best Buy store to find the doorbusters and deals you're looking for during store hours.
What are the store hours?
You can shop at BestBuy.com 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Most Thanksgiving Day ad items will be available for purchase at BestBuy.com starting on Thanksgiving Day, November 23. Most Best Buy retail stores will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23, close at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 24, then reopen at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 24 and remain open until 10 p.m. Friday, November 24. Select Best Buy stores will not be open on Thursday, November 23, and will have different opening times:
- Maine Best Buy stores open at 12:01 a.m. on Friday, November 24. Tickets for the two Friday doorbusters will be handed out starting at 7 a.m.
- Massachusetts and Rhode Island Best Buy stores open at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 24. Tickets for the two Friday doorbusters will be handed out starting at 7 a.m.
- The Chelsea, New York store, in its sole discretion, may limit access to Chloe, the Best Buy Robot, prior to store opening on Thanksgiving Day.
- The two Paramus, New Jersey Best Buy stores will open at 5 p.m. and close at 11 p.m. on Thursday, November 23, and then reopen at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 24.
- Our Union Square Best Buy store in New York will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 and will remain open until 10 p.m. on Sunday, November 26. Tickets for the two Friday doorbusters will be handed out starting at 7 a.m.
- Our Rego Park Best Buy store in New York will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 and close at 3 a.m. Friday, November, 24 It will reopen on Friday at 8 a.m.
- Our Mall of America store will be closed on Thursday, November 23. This store will open at 5 a.m. on Friday, November 24. All Thursday and Friday doorbuster tickets will be handed out up to two hours prior to store opening on Friday.
- The Kings Plaza Best Buy store will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 and close at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 24. It will reopen at 8 a.m. on Friday, November 24 and stay open until 11 p.m.
- The Casper, Culver City and West Covina Best Buy stores will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 and close at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 24. They will reopen at 6 a.m. on Friday, November 24 and stay open until 10 p.m. Tickets for the two Friday doorbusters will be handed out starting at 5 a.m.
- The Poughkeepsie and Plattsburg Best Buy stores will open at 5 p.m. on Thursday, November 23 and close at 1 a.m. on Friday, November 24. They will reopen at 7 a.m. on Friday, November 24 and stay open until 10 p.m. Tickets for the two Friday doorbusters will be handed out starting at 6 a.m.
- Some stores may have different hours where required by local ordinances or landlord regulations. Mall-based Best Buy Mobile store hours may vary based on mall hours. For the most up-to-date hours, please review your local Best Buy store Web page.
Is a ticket required to purchase a doorbuster product?
Tickets are required for in-store Black Friday doorbuster shopping. However, no tickets are needed to shop the doorbusters and Black Friday deals on BestBuy.com.
A ticket will grant the customer the ability to buy the item for a limited time and must be redeemed prior to the deadline indicated on the ticket.
Tickets not redeemed within the timeframe indicated will be canceled. At its discretion, the store will then sell the product on a first-come, first-served basis.
Why is a ticket required to purchase a doorbuster product?
Ticketing helps ensure the safety of both Best Buy customers and employees when the stores open.
Tickets also help ensure that those customers who arrive first can purchase the products they have waited in line for.
What time will tickets be handed out to customers?
Each Best Buy store will decide when to hand out tickets in the two hours prior to the store opening for select store-opening doorbusters.
All customers with store-opening doorbuster tickets must enter the store when it opens and may not reserve their spot in line for other doorbuster events.
Best Buy stores have complete discretion on how and when tickets will be distributed.
Stores base their decisions on when to hand out tickets on multiple factors, including length of the line, weather and store personnel levels.
How will tickets be handed out to customers?
For the store-opening doorbusters, a line of customers will form outside of the Best Buy stores and tickets will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets will be handed out by store personnel.
Best Buy reserves the right to refuse to provide a ticket or service to anyone at the sole discretion of Best Buy.
Best Buy will cancel ticketing and line formation if customer participation is deemed unlawful by local law enforcement agencies or is deemed dangerous at the store management's discretion.
How many tickets can each customer get?
Each customer is eligible to receive one ticket per applicable doorbuster item. If a customer wants to purchase 10 different doorbuster items, then he or she is eligible to receive one ticket (if applicable) for each of those 10 items (subject to ticket availability).
All customers in line are eligible to receive a ticket based on ticket availability. Best Buy is unable to guarantee that all customers in line will receive a ticket.
Customers are not required to be an adult (age 18 or older) to receive a ticket.
I like shopping Thanksgiving weekend because of the great prices. What are my options if I don't get everything I want Thanksgiving weekend?
All products in our Thanksgiving Day advertisement have limited quantities available, and Best Buy is unable to guarantee that all customers will be able to complete their purchase. Fortunately, Best Buy has great ways to save everyday on products you love.
Best Buy and BestBuy.com will have Cyber Monday and Cyber week events during the week after Thanksgiving, and we will have low prices on many popular items during the month of December.
Discounted clearance and in-store open-box items can be found every day of the year at Best Buy Outlet.
Best Buy has great daily bargains that we call our Deal of the Day. You can sign up to receive e-mail notifications of these deals at Deal of the Day.
If you're not yet a My Best Buy™ member, there's never been a better time to sign up. With more rewards, more exclusives and more mobile, the My Best Buy program allows you to stay informed about the greatest products and offers Best Buy has available. Joining is easy — just go to My Best Buy.
I recently purchased a product that's now listed at a lower price in your Thanksgiving Day advertisements — will you refund me the difference? What if I find a lower price available at a competitor?
The Best Buy Price Match Guarantee does not cover items for sale from Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving. See Price Match Guarantee for full Price Match details.
What is Best Buy's holiday gift return and exchange policy?
Buy your gifts and other items this holiday with the peace-of-mind of easy returns. Almost every purchase made throughout November and December can be returned through January 14, 2018. Purchases made between October 29 and December 30, 2017 have an extended return period through January 14, 2018, excluding cell phones, devices that can be activated, AppleCare monthly plans, and Vivint products. All other terms and conditions of our Return & Exchange Promise apply.
My Best Buy Elite and Elite Plus members have an extended holiday return/exchange window. Elite members have through January 29, 2018 to return or exchange products purchased between October 29 and December 30, 2017, while Elite Plus members can return or exchange purchases made in that timeframe through February 13, 2018. Previously mentioned exclusions apply. See Best Buy Returns for more information.
What time on Thursday will you post your Black Friday deals on BestBuy.com?
In order to ensure proper site performance for all of our customers, we will not be announcing a specific start time to our Black Friday deals on BestBuy.com. Please check back often, and be sure to refresh your browser to see the deals when they become available. Please do not call us and ask when the sale will start, our representatives are not able to share that information.
Are there any errors in the Thanksgiving Day ad?
- In our print insert, the disclaimer for mobile phones with installment billing states, "$0 down for well-qualified customers." Effective October 27, 2017, Sprint now requires a down payment for all customers, including well-qualified customers, for select devices.
- The Princess Bride 30th Anniversary edition being sold for $1.99 is the DVD edition.
- For BestBuy.com orders, including Store Pickup, the Free Gift Card that comes with purchasing a Google Home Mini or a Fitbit Ionic Watch will be an e-gift card.
What can I expect if I contact the Best Buy Customer Service team?
Customers are likely to experience excessive wait times due to high demand for our products, services and special offers. Although we do our best to adjust our staffing to accommodate, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this causes.
Products displayed as "Sold Out," "In Store Only," or "Check Stores" cannot be ordered by phone and BestBuy.com will have the latest product availability information.
Please note that, in order to provide our customers with the best possible in-store shopping experience, our store staff may not be available to answer phone calls on Thanksgiving Day and Black Friday. You are welcome to come and visit us in person.
Please visit Best Buy Customer Service online for more answers to your questions.
I need to renew a Geek Squad Protection (GSP) plan that I purchased during a previous holiday season — what are my options?
If your Geek Squad Protection plan is eligible to be renewed and Best Buy has your e-mail address on file, a renewal reminder will be sent to you via email. This one-time renewal notice is sent approximately 45 days before your current contract is set to expire. The e-mail contains a "Renew Now" link which enables you to easily update your plan online.
If you did not receive an e-mail notification, please check your spam folders. If not found there, please contact us at 1-888-BESTBUY (1-888-237-8289) before your current coverage expires. We can determine eligibility and/or assist with renewing your plan.
Due to the contractual nature of Geek Squad Protection plans, a plan cannot be renewed if any gap in coverage has occurred. GSP plans must be renewed prior to the expiration of your current plan. Geek Squad Protection plans for Apple® products are not eligible to be renewed; however, Best Buy continues to honor claims on all existing service plans throughout the life of the contract.
How do I purchase Black Friday doorbusters and deals labelled In Store Only?
Items labelled In Store Only at BestBuy.com cannot be purchased online or by phone at Black Friday sale pricing. These items can only be purchased at Black Friday sale pricing in Best Buy stores during the sale period. Visit your local Best Buy store during store hours to find the doorbusters and deals you're looking for. Availability varies by store, and quantities are limited. Tickets are required for in-store Black Friday doorbuster shopping. See above for ticketing rules and information.