Ratings & Reviews
- The film immaculately re-mastered in high definition
- An all-new hour-long revelation "The Story of Brian" from Monty Python
- An original illustrated 110 minute recording by the Pythons of their early screenplay in progress
- Commentary by Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle & Terry Jones
- Commentary by John Cleese & Michael Palin
- Original radio ads by Mrs. Cleese, Mrs. Idle, Mrs. Gilliam & Michael Palin's dentist
- Deleted scenes:
- "Shepherds" (Digitally enhanced)
- "Pilate's Wife"
- "The Sign That Is the Sign"
- "The Souvenir Salesman"
On a midnight clear 2,000 years ago, three wise men enter a manger where a babe is wrapped in swaddling clothes. It is an infant called Brian...and the three wise men are in the wrong manger. For the rest of his life, Brian (Graham Chapman) finds himself regarded as something of a messiah -- yet he's always in the shadow of this other guy from Galilee. Brian is witness to the Sermon of the Mount, but his seat is in such a bad location that he can't hear any of it ("Blessed are the cheesemakers?"). Ultimately, he is brought before Pontius Pilate and sentenced to crucifixion, which takes place at that crowded, nonexclusive execution site a few blocks shy of Calvary. Rather than utter the Last Six Words, Brian leads his fellow crucifixees in a spirited rendition of a British music-hall cheer-up song "Always Look on the Bright Side of Life." The whole Monty Python gang (Chapman, Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Eric Idle, and Terry Gilliam) are on hand in multiple roles, playing such sacred characters as Stan Called Loretta, Biggus Dickus, Deadly Dirk, Casts the First Stone, and Intensely Dull Youth; also showing up are Goon Show veteran Spike Milligan and a Liverpool musician named George Harrison. ~ Hal Erickson, Rovi
Cast & Crew
- Graham Chapman - Brian Called Brian
- Terry Jones - Mandy
- Michael Palin - Wise Man
- John Cleese - Wise Man
- Eric Idle - Stan