- Very solidly built (with a warranty to match)--lots of metal and textured ribs on the front/side make the razor feel substantial and very comfortable in the hand--power button is placed perfectly for easy access but requires enough pressure that you won't accidentally power it off while in use
- Perfectly sized/shaped for precision trimming needs
- Great for multi-purpose travel grooming--hair, beard & body trimming plus ear/nose/eyebrow sculpting all in one compact unit
- It's still new, but the battery seems to hold its charge more than a week at a time of regular usage before I even need to think about any top-off and it doesn't seem to get hot with extended (5-10 mins at a time) use
- Storage case is big enough to finally throw out the shipping box
- Vast array of combs & attachments but the adjustable beard guard (3-7 mm) is genius--now you don't have to lug at least 3 other guards around
- Head interchange is relatively painless; cutting attachments pop off and click back into place securely
- It's a blessedly quiet unit overall--easy on the ears when you're trimming around them!
- It's a STORAGE pouch, not an organizer, for all those attachments--you have to dump out the contents behind the VERY tight elastic netting on the left side to find the one or two combs or attachments you need because they all look nearly alike
- Given how svelte the shaver itself is, the protective pouch adds a LOT of bulk to accommodate all those attachments--while it's almost a do-it-all unit, if you only need a few attachments at a time anyway, the case will take up a lot of space in your luggage
- The full-size and extra-wide hair trimmers don't necessarily cut very close to the skin--lots of peach fuzz left behind
- They tell you this up front, but be aware that you can't use this unit while it's plugged in--the quick charge is nice to get you back on the road in a hurry--but if your battery dies, you're out of luck until it charges you get it replaced
- Not designed to replace a shaver because the foil head is so narrow...the option for touch-ups is welcome, but you'll be hard-pressed to get your entire face shaved closely with just this "precision" unit and there are no other options available in all those attachments and trimmer heads :-(
- Similarly, the 'extra-wide' hair trimmer really isn't really more than a few mm wider than the beard trimmer--it's great for touch-ups or maintenance, but this isn't a good match for someone wanting a regular, full-blown haircut (a dedicated hair trimmer/clipper like a Wahl, Oster, or even one of Philips clippers, will cut down acres more hair at a time)
- Popping off the interchangeable heads revealed a lot of what looks like intricate but thinner plastic bits underneath--not sure how well those heads will hold up to lots of repeated change-outs over time (though again, 10 year warranty...); a latch or button catch/release might have been a better design choice
Right up front, I'll say that this is simply a FANTASTIC unit for grooming and sculpting hair you already have but still want to keep some/most of around--if there were an option for an extra-wide foil head like there is for the hair trimmers so you could get a full-face shave in easily, this would pretty much be a home run. In the hand, it's probably one of the most comfortable shaver units I've ever held--ergonomics are top-notch, and who can argue with 10 years on the warranty clock? I would keep this just for the precision trimmer alone, but there are a number of very useful attachments, combs, and guides that make this unit a jack of [nearly] all trades. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if you're looking for something versatile that appears to have the potential to last you many years of faithful service.
A few design niggles include the color choices of the combs and guards. I get it--it's a "guys' groomer" so heaven forbid we get a white or yellow plastic guard for the trimmer head to help tell them apart; but did they have to make everything black, very dark grey, slightly less very dark grey, and very dark green? Behind the wholly black elastic mesh netting that holds in at least 19 different bits of darkly dyed plastic, they all look virtually identical so you simply can't easily tell which guide/attachment you need without struggling to sift through every piece after dumping most/all of them out of the case. The instructions do include a nice numbered infographic indicating what each attachment is/does, though strangely those numbers aren't on the attachments themselves so it takes a while to suss it out at unboxing, especially when there are two 3mm and two 5mm guards where the only difference appears to be the color (why include them at all...especially when the adjustable guard also covers 3 and 5mm sizes and appears to be the same width as all four?)
Those MINOR usability issues aside, this is a wonderful grooming/sculpting tool, especially when space is at a premium and you're looking for a way to rid yourself of an errant bathroom hygiene gadget or two and consolidate into one, fairly premium-feeling unit.