Questions & Answers
- QuestionIs it easy to replace the hard drive with a solid state drive? (4 Answers)Answers
- QuestionIs there a standard warranty on the laptop without having to purchase the Geek Squad plan? (2 Answers)Answers
- QuestionI want to know if I will be able to do some photo/video editing on this computer? I am fairly new to photo/video editing so I want to make sure it can handle any video editing software I may install. (2 Answers)Answers
We bought ours as an office machine. The processor is great for word, excel, etc. and runs full acrobat pro, but I would be careful about a full suite like creative suite, photoshop, etc. I think it would probably handle photoshop LE, but it is not the most powerful tablet/laptop product. We typically use Microsoft surfaces for cad, creative suite, etc., but there is a large price jump. If you are just doing online editing (i.e.: shutterstock, tiny prints, etc.) its fine, but onboard, resource intensive programs like adobe suites will probably cause frustration and run really slow. Hope that helps!
- QuestionI am looking for a laptop to play online games. Would you recommend this computer? (2 Answers)Answers
In this price range a good option might be the similar Acer Aspire e15 (E5-575G-53VG). It actually costs a little less because it doesn't have a touch screen, but it has a better graphics card, which is what you would need for gaming.
- QuestionIs the keyboard back lite (5 Answers)Answers
Yes! And the keys are black, meaning that when the backlight is on you can actually see the characters on the keys :). Note that silver keys, when backlit, are very difficult to read in a partially lit room. Stick with black keys if getting a backlit keyboard.
- QuestionWe've had this for about 2 months now and it seems very loud when it's running - like there is a CD loading kind of sound. When I have the internet open it sounds like it is trying really hard to run a bunch of programs and never stops. Any suggestions? (2 Answers)Answers
It could be the fan running that you are hearing. Since you purchased this recently you can contact our warranty support number for assistance. Please refer to the contact info posted at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
- QuestionIs this laptop new or refurbished? (4 Answers)
- Questiondoes this have a built in camera for skype? (5 Answers)Answers
- Questionwhy is this one cheaper than the r14 that I was looking at that looks like it has a smaller hard drive? (1 Answer)Answers
- Questionis there a cd/dvd drive in the unit or do i have to purchase an external one (5 Answers)
Best Buy is not responsible for answers provided by Community Answers, Customers, or other third parties. Accuracy not guaranteed. Terms and Conditions