Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $611.99
The regular price is $719.99
QuestionDoes it come with one 8GB RAM stick and one free slot, or with two 4GB RAM sticks and no free slots, and, is the power input located in the back of the computer as shown in the image or is it elsewhere?
- Answer Came with 2 slots, in which one was used and the second empty. Both are removable. I used the following for the second slot and it worked just fine: CT8G4SFS832A (Google the product).
- Answer Absolutley. It can even play AAA game titles like World War Z and SOTTR, Red Dead Redemption, Forza 4, etc. in max or ultra settings. I don't game with mine but this machine is a absolute powerhouse. I did a test on "Can I Run It?" with this machine and it showed this laptop can play 98% of all PC games currently out in 2020. Wow!
QuestionIs there another slot for a hard disk drive? Or is there only one slot for storage (the stock 256gb SSD)?
- Answer You can install a 2.5" hdd using the included cable and bracket, if you need more storage.
- Answer 60Hz, red backlight only
QuestionIt comes with NVIDEA GFORCE GTX 1650 or AMD RADEON??? A picture of a customer shows AMD RADEON and this title said NVIDEA Thanks
- Answer It has Radeon onboard and GTX1650. So it has both.
- Answer I thought I had the same problem, but ended up realizing that I didn't push the power adapter all the way down. The first time around, I've stopped the second that I thought the power adapter is seated. But, like other reviewers said, just push it all the way in, you will feel a very satisfying click at the end, and the charging light will light right up. I took a picture too, just so that others don't make the same mistake that I've did. So far, I love this machine. If you bought it from BBY, it should comes a with a 24/7 support line, 1-866-984-1849. The rep that I've spoke to is based somewhere in Texas. Mine has a red flier in the box. I think it's for BBY only, but all I know is that the people that answered my phone is very helpful. GG
QuestionThe description says "10 hour battery life" so i am assuming its a 90MWHR batter or above, or?
- Answer It has a 48whr battery, and realistically its only a 4.5 to 5 hour battery life. You can probably get 10 hours if its left idle with the screen dimmed all the way down.
- Answer This laptop supports RAID 0.
QuestionWould I be able to run the Sims 4 with a wealthy amount of custom content with out slowing the game down?
- Answer I can run a pretty heavily modded Skyrim on this laptop, so I'd imagine Sims 4 would run solidly for you.
- Answer No. I actually returned it because of this. My wife got me a 144hz monitor and I can't use adaptive sync because I can't use Displayport because this port doesn't support it. It is literally just a USB C port, no power delivery to charge the laptop, no display outpout, making it kind of useless as a port as most peripherals still use USB A (normal). It's not the end of the world, as it has an HDMI port, but I guess I'll have to spend another $150-200 on a laptop that will do that. A shame really, this thing is such a superb value.
- Answer Yes, just slap another 8gb of ram and you can play almost any game. Although the minimum requirements for that game are 8gb, so even without an upgrade it would still run fine.
QuestionThe specs on Acer's website for this model indicate a 802.11 AX wireless card but the Best Buy website says Wireless-AC, so who is right?
- Answer The wifi spec is Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax with Bluetooth 5.0.