Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $44.99
The previous price was $79.99
QuestionDoes this have a built in camera? The spec says it can be used for video calls, but it doesn't not show a camera in the spec. Thanks!
- Answer Yes, it has a camera. It also has a sliding lens cover to physically block the camera.
QuestionWhat the heck is this gizmo??
- Answer This is Amazon's product line of Alexa enabled smart speakers. With compatible devices or smart products around your house, you can control anything from the washing machine to your lights. This is basically an Echo with a screen. It has the same functionality but with a screen to show you what's going on. In order to use this product, you will need an internet connection and a compatible tablet or smart phone.
QuestionIf I have this and Ring Pro doorbell cam, and someone rings the doorbell, will it automatically show image of who is at the door, or do I need to open ring app, then display image? Trying to determine if this would be easier than using ring app on phone
- Answer All you have to do is say, Alexa show me front door and it’ll show on the screen.
- Answer You can set a personal photo as the background but I haven't found a way to automatically rotate photos. On the Alexa app select the device. Scroll down to the bottom to Home Screen Background and go from there.
- Answer As long as your thermostat and plugs say that they can be controlled by Alexa, this will work for you. If they don't necessarily say they will work with Alexa, there are a few services that act as a third party and have skills set up to enable this devices to work with Alexa. If you have owned an older version of an echo and the thermostat and plugs have worked, you are set, this is basically just a new version of the product.
QuestionIs this basically a scaled down version of the Echo Show? Does it do all the things the Echo Show does only in a smaller package with lesser quality speakers?
- Answer Yes. This is a budget version of the $220 Echo Show
QuestionCan I use this as a monitoring camera? That is, if I buy two... one for my home and the other for my mother... can I have my mother's camera on permanently so I can see she is OK while also allowing me to do other activities on the one in my home ?
- Answer Yes, you can as long as you have both Alexa's signed in under the same Amazon account. Then you can active what is called "Drop-In" and leave that running. I hope that helps. Best of luck.
- Answer The screen dims down at night and then comes on with sound or morning. They have the coolest most relaxing sounds to choose from when using as a sound machine. I have owned for 2 years and find something new and exciting all the time to check out on it....it is AMAZING!
- Answer The power source on the Echo is plug in.
QuestionDoes the camera work only for video chat or can you access it remotely to check in on your home say while on vacation? (without installing additonal cameras)
- Answer You can use the ‘drop in’ feature. So kinda yes. But you have to activate it. Won’t turn on with motion like a security camera. Also there is a manual shutter, so that would need to be open.
QuestionI was just wondering if this links with your Google Calendar and displays any event you have planned for the day.
- Answer Open up the app, then tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the top left-hand corner of the app to display the menu. Next, select 'Settings' then under where it says 'Account' tap on 'Calendar'. Click on the 'Google' button, then 'Link a Google Calendar account'.
QuestionI don't have a smart phone and was wondering if I can set up this Amazon Echo Show 5 on an iPad?
- Answer Yes, as long as your iPad has an internet connection you will be able to connect the Echo Show 5 to your account. Please also make sure that you can get the Alexa app on your iPad before purchasing this product.
QuestionLooking to replace an Alarm clock radio. Want the following capabilities : alarm, Clock, Radio (would like local stations), indoor temp and humidity, and a way to charge my Smartphone (Ok if I need USB cable to do charging). Can ES5 do all of the above?
- Answer Short-answer, No. Alarm, Clock - yes Radio - only if your local station is streaming Temp, Humidity, charging phone - No
- Answer Yes, this unit connects to Alexa devices and is compatible with Amazon Music.
QuestionUp to how many speackers are we able to connect. I would like to put speakers into 3 diffrent rooms!
- Answer I have one echo show 5 and 2 echo dots and a kindle that I use in the kitchen in show mode..they all are used in different rooms and we talk to each other through them. You can also stream music on up to 5 speakers at the same time with a subscription. I hope this answered your question.