Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $989.99
The regular price is $1,099.99
QuestionI've always used HP or Dell, does this PC come with a manual explaining all the details of the MAC system, and how they are used?
- Answer Sorry, but the answer is "No". I have used Macs since the foirst one came out, and this is the first and ONLY one that did not have any instructions. I am trying to work my way though all the things that are different, but I am very frustrated!
- Answer Yes, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse are included. Both rechargeable through the usb cable provided.
QuestionIs this model sufficient for video editing and graphic design work? Would the storage be sufficient for this type of work also?
- Answer I've had mine for less than a month and plan to use mine for creating music and videos.It is much faster and has much more memory than my old Windows PC, which was used for same purposes. It should work well unless you plan on making full length motion pictures, then you may need to invest in higher models.
QuestionDoes the Apple Mac have to have a virus protection. I always thought with an Apple product it came in it like it does in your iPad
- Answer No, I've never gotten virus protection for any of my apple products and I've never had a problem. If you want virus protection for peace of mind you can, but I personally don't think it's necessary.
QuestionI am looking at this model and it says SSD but it gives me a 5400rpm speed. Doesn't that mean it is an HDD?
- Answer It is NOT a solid state drive ... Best Buy needs to update their listing!!!!
- Answer Apple computers come with an already installed group of programs to do basic everyday/ work such as Pages (like (MSWord), spreadsheet program. Basic graphic program for loading and viewing your pictures. Also a PowerPoint and note taking. I was very surprised when Apple’s program open my PC word documents. Most conversions were very easy. Same with a spreadsheet I had saved in PC formatted. I have a personal cloud, (Purchsed at Best Buy) WiFi setup so everything was transferred electronically. Don’t know about using USB memory sticks transferring PC data. I even hooked up several of my portable backup drives and they were recognized so i transferred some documents that way.
QuestionI understand that Apple computers will recognize my Word documents but if I create a document with an Apple product like Pages will Windows computers be able to recognize it?
- Answer I installed office on the new Mac but then found pages, I created a document in pages and then saved it as a Doc file. Word opened it with no problem. Hope this helps
- Answer It is wireless. So is the keyboard and mouse. Super easy set up. Almost like an extra large laptop. LOVE IT!
QuestionI have my own special keyboard and mouse. Can I connect them to this computer instead of the ones provided?
- Answer yes, you can connect any mouse and keyboard on MAC. I'm used logictech keyboard and mouse. And I have Mechanical keyboard and mouse RGB from corsair connect to mac. it work well with MAC and it auto setting default lighting effect . it is Rain Bow lighting effect. it so beautiful and awesome.
- Answer It's preloaded with a software called Pages that allows you to create word documents. To get into it from the home screen, on the icon at the bottom that has the rocket; it will take you to a screen with all your apps. Click on Pages app. NOTE: It isn't preloaded with Microsoft Word but if you have a subscription for that you can download it.
- Answer It is a 2017model
- Answer Yes. Best way would be to have both on the same WiFi network.