Questions & Answers
Questioni'm thinking about getting either the ipad 2 or the mini ipad 3 but not sure whats the difference besides the size?
- Answer Okay, the iPad Air 2 is a 9.7" while the iPad Mini 3 is a 7.9" and the iPad Mini 3 is the same as the iPad Mini 2 but comes in gold now, Touch ID and 128 gigabytes of storage. While the iPad Air 2 is upgraded from the original iPad Air both display and performance. I prefer the iPad Air 2 over the iPad Mini 3 and if you do get it I recommend getting the 128 gigabyte storage if you are a heavy gamer like me and if not the 64 because the 16 will run out sooner than expected.
- Answer I have an iPad Air 2 but I bought it brand new; also, I do have a MacBook Pro with Retina display and I did buy it open box and I did get a 1 year warranty through Geek Squad and Kaspersky and every time I had problems I would call them and they have helped me. Also, they are open 24/7 so feel free to call them when they are away. For the iPad? I would say the same but maybe they have a different program you can get for it, and it may be different state to state.
QuestioniPad Air 2 Wi-Fi 128 GBHow an Ipad like a desktop? Can it run software like Microsoft office, Photoshop? Can it print to any printer? Can it receive and send emails and search the web?
- Answer The Best Buy stores in my town have the Microsoft Office for iPad in stock. I don't know about Photoshop. Go to the Apple App Store and type in a search for it. The iPad WILL print to most current printers which are WiFi/Bluetooth compatible. You will have to pair the iPad with the printer -- easy-peasy! If you don't know how to do this you can get Best Buy's "Geek Squad" for help in setting things up for you in your home. Yes, you can certainly send and receive emails if you have access to the web via WiFi through some sort of internet service provider (ISP) using a modem and router. I would suggest you set up a WiFi system in your home through whatever provider you have access to. I do this thru my Cable TV provider Charter. Of course once you have a WiFi system in your home you can also search the web with the iPad. What you CAN'T do is surf the web, send/receive emails on your iPad if you are trying to use it in a location where there is no WiFi "Hotspot" connection UNLESS you get a personal portable hotspot device from your wireless phone service carrier -- i.e. Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint, etc. This device is a small portable "box" which you connect wirelessly to your iPad by "pairing" the two devices so they can communicate with each other. OR..if you have a "smart phone" you can use it as a WiFi hotspot (for a fee) to pair with your iPad. The iPad can do many of the same functions that a laptop or desktop does, however for some functions it is a little more limited than a laptop/desktop. I highly recommend a bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad if you are going to do a lot of text entry and "typing" on it since the touch screen virtual "keyboard" is not so great for writing using such apps as Microsoft Office and for creating manuscripts, writing lots of text messages, emails, etc. Lots of people do it, but I much prefer using a keyboard for extensive text entry, The iPad Air 2 WiFi is a great device. With 128 GB of storage you will be able to store lots of files, pictures, music and such on it. You will enjoy it. I suggest you speak with the knowledgeable sales folks at Best Buy. They will be able to answer all your questions and talk you through the process. Good Luck!
QuestionBenefits to cellular and wifi versus iPad 128 wifi onlyWhat is the benefit of cellular plus wifi versus wifi only on iPad Air 128
- Answer If you want to pay to add your device to your monthly cellular bill, go with the cellular WiFi. Just like your cell phone, you'll have connection virtually anywhere. It will use your data allotment. If you will only be using where WiFi is available and want to save on the expense, get the WiFi only.
- Answer No it is the same product, just better promotion at Best Buy!
QuestionThe keyboard and touch screen stick a lot...I have had iPad 2 air in gold for a week now. The keyboard and touch screen stick a lot which causes problems with typing. Is this normal?
- Answer Sorry, I have not had any issues with the touch screen.
- Answer It didn't say it was refurbished just open box
- Answer Yes. Just click on the icon on the desktop
Questioncan you play music from the ipad to an external speaker?it didn't list Bluetooth. was wondering if you could play music to an external speaker
- Answer Yes, I did use the Bluetooth to play our wireless speakers and I love it
QuestionNew iPAD Air 2Is it easy to transfer apps and data from my old iPad 3 to a new iPad Air 2? How do I do that?
- Answer iCloud does it all. Has all the apps and info
Questionlaptop vs ipadI currently am using an older Powerbook (15' inch screen). Was considering an ipad but not sure if I would miss the large screen I'm used to.
- Answer The iPad screen works for me but if you are used to the bigger screen get an iPad pro.
- Answer You can call your carrier and add it to your contract or your best buy representative will help you with it in store as they deal with the major carriers already.
QuestionIs there only 1 facing camera on some ipad air 2, 128 gig models?In the Ipad air 2 -128 gig, discription it mentions only 1 camera. Is it different than all the others that have both a forward and rear facing camera? I have never heard of only one canera before!
- Answer The camera is the same. You select camera app and then camera icon on the screen to toggle from rear facing to front facing. Rear Facing Camera 8 megapixels.