QuestionIs another cable required for length as TV is on the wallSo is another cable required and if so, which one to connect the iPad 4th generation to smart tv using the MD826ZM/A as the TV is on the wall.
- Answer You need an HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your tv. Make sure you are on the correct tv input (hdmi1,HDMI 2). Your iPad or iPhone screen will appear on your tv. We use it to watch Netflix, etc.
QuestionI use this product with the iPhone 8 Plus. I can here sound when I’m on the right hdmi channel but no picture? Possibly is the iPhone to Samsung tv the problem?
- Answer Had that happen too. Connect your device with the adapter first then open up the app and begin the content you want to store, For some reason if the content is already running you will only get the sound.
QuestionWill this work on monitors and hdmi to displayport? Also, can I stream Netflix, amazon prime etc.?
- Answer I use mine to stream Netflix and Hulu from my iPad to my television, and it works great!
- Answer Yes!! I have an IPhone and once I connect this to the HDMI and my tv it mirrors my whole phone screen. Just open the Netflix app & hit play, and it automatically flips the screen.
QuestionDo you need a home internet connection for this to work? I’m looking to cancel my internet. But hoping I can still watch Netflix/Prime Video by hooking my phone directly to my tv.
- Answer Download Speedtest by Ookla (that’s what I use) Test your WiFi/internet, then turn off WiFi router or WiFi on the phone and test your phones data service. Compare both speeds for download/upload (mainly down) and google how many mbps you need to stream your services like Netflix or Prime videos. (( I am pretty sure (not 100% sure) some of the data gets used in the background for updates. Like app updates, push notifications from social media sites or even checking emails. So you might need to turn pretty much everything in the background off, just to give your streams access to the most data available. )) Here’s my experience— In my home I get about 1-2 bars tops usually so it takes forever to download stuff to my phone and usually have a big buffering time when starting a stream. At times it would buffer during the show too. Not to mention trying to do anything online was a pain most of the time, even simple google searches. It was way too frustrating for me, so I decided to keep internet.— I would say if your phone has enough phone memory just buy/download your movies and shows directly to your device. I would also recommend finding a place offering free WiFi or even asking a friend/family member if you’re able to use their WiFi sometimes.
QuestionTrying to watch a network show on their website with my iPhone XR, it kept stalling after exactly one minute and I had to hit continue on the iPhone each time. This doesn't happen watching the show on the iPhone itself. What could be causing this?
- Answer True some networks don’t allow the use of this cable but they also won’t let the airplay option if that’s the case. I know because I have Apple TV. I use the Apple TV and downloaded the network app to stream to my tv. Problem is many shows are not available without a subscription. NBC has the most current free stuff.
QuestionI’ve noticed that the cheap knock off units similar to this do not support Netflix -is this unit the same,or is it a case if you get what you pay for,and it will work with Netflix?
- Answer It works with Netflix. Make sure to give it time to load the picture. I really recommend getting an Apple TV for better picture quality
QuestionI know this doesn't work with the Direct TV app, but has anyone tired it with the ATT Watch TV app on an iPhone? I have an iPhone 7S Thanks
- Answer Yes, this will work using the Directv app. You CAN watch live shows, etc. Be advised that there are some live shows, like certain football games that will not allow you to mirror to your tv. Some copy-write/recording legal reasons. As soon as the game is over, the video will start mirroring again to your tv. I'm using this for my rv. I also have At&T for my cell service. Works best not connected to WIFI. FYI, if you have both Directv and AT&T, there is no data usage on your plan.
- Answer Does the iPhone 6 plus use the same "lightning" connector as the regular iPhone 6? If so, then this will work.
QuestionDoes this work to play videos from Disney+ or Netflix that are downloaded to your phone on the TV? Haven’t had luck screen mirroring downloaded videos
- Answer I use my adaptor frequently to send Netflix or Prime movies on my iPad Mini to my big screen Sharp smart TV. How: You need an HDMI cable, with one end attached to an HDMI input on your TV, the other end attached to the appropriate slot in the adaptor. Then (likely via your TV remote) change the Input specification on your TV to whatever HDMI input slot you’ve attached your HDMI cable to. Start playing the movie on your phone. Then attach the lightning connector end of the adaptor to your phone. In a few moments, the movie will appear on your TV. You will have to use your phone to control the film From this point on, to change volume, pause and restart the movie, etc. When you’re done, remember to change (likely via TV remote) the Inout specification on your TV back to your usual HDMI slot specification or you won’t be able to watch your regular TV. Hope this works for you!
I would recommend:
- Answer I have the brand new 11 and it worked just fine. As long as you have a lightening tip you can use this to plug into the TV- it works great!