Questions & Answers
QuestionWhy people keep saying this case is not for the 2020 11” iPad Pro and is for the 2018 version? Does it have the bigger, squared camera cutout on the back or smaller oval? Can a Best Buy representative or a honest person clarify me this? Thank you!
- Answer I bought this for the 2020 11" iPad Pro and it fits. This one does have the bigger square cutout for the camera in the 2020 model.
- Answer Yes and no, its like a book cover. So the part where you open the cover is the only place where its a little exposed. Remember this is a cover and not a case. If you need lots of protection your better getting a case like a OtterBox etc
QuestionI really feel like I am missing something but how does this folio keep the iPad from slipping out?
- Answer It's magnetic, I wondered the same thing before I bought it. But it actually work very well.
- Answer No the skin will not interfere with the magnets!
- Answer No need to measure. Just Google the model number of your iPad. How to find iPad model? To check your iPad’s model number, head to Settings > General > About. Look for the Model entry on this page. It is also engraved on the back of the iPad. It should look like this... MXEW2LL/A
QuestionWhy is this smart folio $100 cheaper than the one Apple sells on their website? Is this a genuine Apple brand folio? What's the catch?
- Answer Its the same price on Apple. Don't confuse this one with one that has the integrated keyboard. That one is $100 more.
QuestionCan you attach the apple pencil for charging while the case is on? Or does the case interfere with that?
- Answer It does not interfere - it does not cover the side where the pencil charges.
QuestionAll the customer photos that have shots of the back show a smaller camera hole. Are you selling an updated version of that Apple folio model that works for the 2020 iPad Pro? I almost bought it, but canceled when I saw older 2019 iPadPro camera cutout.
- Answer I have the iPad Pro 2020 and I recommend you buy this product. It is the Apple Folio Model.
- Answer No, the pencil is exposed with this case.
QuestionIs this specifically made for the 2018 iPad Pro or the new 2020 one? I'm looking to have the one that better fits my 2018 iPad's camera positioning.
- Answer I purchaed this case for my 2018 iPad Pro. The cutout is for the 2018 version which is smaller than the latest iPad Pro version. Hopefully the picture will help to clarify.
QuestionDoes it charge pencil
- Answer The cover itself does not charge a pencil. Only an iPad, such as a later model iPad Pro that is designed to charge the pencil, can do such when the pencil has been magnetically attached to the iPad. The Folio does not cover the side of the iPad that is designed for attaching the pencil.
QuestionWhen it says 1st and 2nd generation, do I get to pick which one I own? I currently have a 1st generation so how would I make sure I get a 1st generation case when I order this rather than the 2nd generation (2020) case?
- Answer Hello, The new 2nd generation folio will fit both 1st gen 2018 and 2nd gen 2020 iPad pros. There is just a larger cutout for the new camera. You can likely get the older 1st gen folio at a lower price though.
- Answer Generation 4 does not exist for the iPad Pro 11”. iPad Pro 11” only goes up to generation 2, which is the most current model as of May 2020
- Answer According to an Apple chat agent, the Smart Folio for iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation) weighs 297 grams which is approximately 0.65 pounds.