Questions & Answers
Your price for this item is $235.99
The regular price is $429.00
- Answer The watch you are currently looking at is not cellular, therefore you do not need an internet provider. If you are looking to get a “cellular” Apple Watch, it must say “GPS CELLULAR” on the description. Make sure you look before you click on purchase. To answer your question, ATT, Sprint and Verizon are the providers. There may be others but not sure. The 3 I listed are the basic providers. BTW, GREAT WATCH. If you want to save some money, GPS has same functions as cellular. As long as you have your cell with u at all times, which most of us do, I’d go with the GPS version. You will also be able to answer your phone on your watch with just GPS! How ‘bout that! No I don’t work for Bestbuy. Just an honest opinion.
- Answer GPS does not have a stand alone cellular phone feature in it. I decided not to get the cellular because I always carry my phone with me and would never use this feature.
QuestionHow does the Fall Down Detection work? Does it automatically call 911 or does it call a programmed in number? Does it text in case of a fall?
- Answer The watch will detect motions and accelerations that it associates with a fall. It will then alert you that it detected a fall and prompt you to as if you want to call emergency services (SOS) or if you're okay. If you do not respond within a set amount of time, it will automatically launch the SOS call. NOTE: You're asking about the GPS only model, which doesn't have an onboard eSIM so this functionality will only work if you have your iPhone within Bluetooth distance OR if your watch is connected to a WiFi network (and your iphone is on and has wifi calling enabled).
QuestionCan the gps version link up to AirPods and Be able to listen to music Saved on phone/watch without having phone Near by?
- Answer Hi James, The answer to your question is YES! That’s one of the main reasons I waited for the version 3 Apple Watch was the capability to be untethered to the phone. I’ve also recently upgraded to the 5 (which I LOVE btw) and I love being able to work out, go on a long run, and leave my phone behind but still have my music.
I would recommend:
- Answer a watch can definitely not measure blood pressure, but radial pulse yes
QuestionCAN YOU FACE TIME ON THE WATCH
- Answer FaceTime Audio only, there are no camera or video capabilities built into this watch. And you have to have a Bluetooth headset / earbuds because the speaker doesn’t work for calling / talking. For actual FaceTime video you will need to use an iPhone, iPad or Mac.
- Answer Yes Head into the Settings app on your Apple Watch 5. Tap on Display & Brightness. Scroll down to the Always On option and tap it. Flick the dial to off.
QuestionHello, on the apple site there is a choice for the sport band length s/m or l/xl. I see no choice here
- Answer The box comes with a band that will remain and then one longer and one shorter additional bands (those are what determines sm/med to L/XL
QuestionDoes the NIKE series 5 Apple Watch require more battery power and go dead quicker? I have not heard the only difference in the NIKE and the regular is one exercise app on the NIKE version. If so I would imagine it requires some power.
- Answer Battery life is about a day and a half.
- Answer Yes but you need to get your current watch appraised . Refer to Geek Squad or Apple store . Sometimes it’s not worth it though because you get very little depending on condition. Try to sell yourself first . Facebook market place is a good option. Good luck
QuestionWhat's the difference between the GPS & the GPS+CELLULAR? Please clarify! Need help choosing.
- Answer The only difference between the 2 is the cellular version can be used for calls, messages and data without the iPhone present. The GPS model will do all the same functions as the cellular model but must have the iPhone present and connected.
- Answer I am not sure how the sleep metrics compare to the Fitbit sleep metrics; however, Apple watch is capable of measuring sleep metrics.
- Answer They are basically identical visuallly and with what they can do except for one feature, the series 5 has an always on display so that you can always see the time. It does affect battery life if you’re using the watch heavily all day, I recommend disabling the always on on days like that. Otherwise I get a full 18 hours of day use with it on and still have 40% at the end of my day.
Questionwhat does the watch do??
- Answer It tracks fitness, you can get texts easily and respond quickly, has this cool walkie talkie feature! It’s so handy, I can answer calls just on my watch- or if I don’t have my phone on me. I get texts and calls alerted right on my wrist! The apps are so awesome!
QuestionI understand that the GPS watch has both Emergency SOS and Fall Detection, but how are they activated if the watch is not on a wireless phone plan? I know my iphone must be nearby, so is that the answer? Thanks
- Answer Yes, if your not set up and it’s just a GPS watch. You can set up the alerts and who to contact in the app when you set it up.