Questions & Answers
QuestionHow long does the battery last? After installing outside how difficult is it to recharge it after the battery dies?
- Answer One in my driveway is pretty busy only last about two weeks before needing to be recharged. The one in my back yard sees less movement so this one has lasted about a month and a half before needing to be recharged. And recharging it is not the issue, issue is having to take down the camera just to charge it. A bit of inconvenience for me when my one light needs to get recharged every two weeks.
QuestionI already have 5 cameras on my app, if i add these two spotlights , does that mean i have to upgrade my subscription to the 10+ device plan?
- Answer I have 4 cameras installed and two of these and I didn't have to upgrade to a more expensive Arlo plan.
- Answer it does not have a microphone or night vision, it's a light not a camera.
QuestionI bought this system and already have Arlo Pro cameras set up. Can I just connect the security lights to my current bridge or do I have to plug in the additional bridge that came with the lights?
- Answer The cameras use the Arlo hub. These lights come with their own little bridge That you have to use. The bridge plugs in and wirelessly connects to the Arlo hub so it can be a part of your system.
QuestionIs it possible to use the neat magnetic mounts (same ones that the cameras use) with these lights? The description makes me think they come with the screw-in mounts. Thank you!
- Answer No you can’t use the magnet because there’s no magnet end unlike the camera
- Answer No - Lights and Camera batteries are different
QuestionFor outdoor camera, how sensitive are the cameras. How many false alarms does it send on windy days or when shrubs sway and shadows cross path of site? Or does the software differentiate this from humans?
- Answer You will get a lot of false alarms, I had a small flag in front of my house and it was not so windy and I got about 30 or so false alarms that day. It's the same with the back one I get a lot because of my trees.
QuestionI have arlo cameras, so already have the app on my iPhone 8. I have now purchased 3 sets of lights from costco, and I can't get the QR code to scan for me to set up. Any thoughts on how I might be able to get this to work.
- Answer Grant the app access to your devices camera so it can utilize the camera for QR scanning.
- Answer To help you install your Arlo light, please refer to this article : https://kb.arlo.com/000062012/. You may also contact Arlo support to assist you further at http://bit.ly/2Hx22a1. ^RM
- Answer Yes. I have Arlo pro 2 cameras, and arlo spot light batteries are compatible.
- Answer If you’re talking about the bridge (module), yes! It may not even work on its own without it! The bridge has to be integrated to the camera sytems for the lights to work. Here’s how to to maximize the efficiency of the security lights. Your bridge has to be 90 ft or less from the base station while the security lights should be the 90 ft or less from the bridge. The closer the distance the better. Hope this helps.
- Answer Yes!
QuestionDo I need to subscribe to Arlo if I buy this? or can I store the file locally with my own hard drive?
- Answer You do not need to subsrcibe to Arlo. The light will activate the camera and will save in the free cloud storage.
- Answer I did mine and the directions are good and it was super easy
- Answer Arlo Light is not camera equipped so it has no night vision. If you are looking to get a camera with an integrated spotlight, we recommend checking the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera. ^RM